Studio Theme for Buddy Press - where to find help?

Read all the tutorials I could find - here and on searches - and none seem to be very helpful for what I need. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Few issues....

First, I installed the Studio theme but my buttons (home, activity, etc.) aren't showing. Nor is my tagline. Worked fine on other themes. No idea what's causing it.

Next, I need to customize the template. I'm fine with working with HTML, CSS and even php files, but I'm all turned around on these templates. The child themes vs. customizing code inside the Network Admin dashboard vs. root files. Can anyone point me to some really detailed tutorials for customizing themes and troubleshooting the templates?

I'm hoping in a week or so, it will all be very clear but I've got a lot of trial-and-error ahead of me before I figure it out. Thanks!!

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Theme development is an incredibly large topic. As such, there isn't really a consolidated tutorial on how to customize a WordPress theme. Such a tutorial would have enough material to fill thousands of pages in a standard bound book. Some simple Googling describing what you're wanting to do or of a code snippet that has you stumped will normally give you a bunch of results about the topic you're interested in.

I must also point out that, as I said, theme development is an incredibly involved topic spanning many different programing languages, job descriptions, and skill sets. It isn't something that can be fully learned without tons of learning, trial and error, and years of experience.

Could you please provide some links and/or screenshots of the pages where things aren't displaying with a description of what should be where?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.