Studio theme: Full-width option?

I absolutely love the Studio Theme! I've finally found that theme that really is meeting all of the needs for my website... almost. I'm desperately in need of a full-width option. Is there an easy way to create pages in full-width? Is this something that might be considered as an update to the studio theme? If not, is there an easy hack to make it happen with individual pages?

I would be extremely grateful for any help with this :slight_smile:

Dave

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@David: Short answer, it's not an easy thing to do. I am going to assume you mean site not just pages but pages full width is a different matter.... A full width page would just be a page template without a sidebar and you can create that using page templates:

http://buddydress.com/2010/05/creating-and-setting-a-page-template-tutorial/

Long answer... yes you can with the use of firebug and CSS editing. But it will require a lot of editing. Namely 2 things to look out for:

width: 980px;<br />
    margin-left: auto;<br />
    margin-right: auto;<br />
    text-align: center;

any 980px reference and then any other fixed width reference such as content / sidebars.

I would also suggest that a fluid width is a very very difficult one from a readable line length view but that is your call to manage.

http://buddydress.com/2010/06/firebug-installing-discovering-and-using-the-tutorial/

As it is such a change to the file we would not be offering it as a change and we'd only be giving you this guidance or suggest you post as a job on our job board if you don't feel comfortable doing yourself.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Depends what you mean by a full width page if you are talking site full width (in the width of the site a no sidebar page) many of our themes do have these in fact product only has pages that are like that.

We add different things for each theme. For instance there are some themes with up to 8 templates some with just a few. We are always looking to improve and develop our themes though so never saying never.

Lets keep to the track though as this is someone else's post :slight_smile: Perhaps if you want something added you can create a new request but lets add this to the list no need to create one this time as your point has been noted here.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Well best bet as said is per theme request as we have to deal with existing themes one by one. Just open a thread requesting for fun and see what happens never know enough request and so on. I just want to keep this one for David as his topic, ok?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.