Studio Theme - how to get front page to show both slider and static text?

Hi,
I seem to be able to get either a static front page or the slider but not both to show on the website I'm building .

How can I get both the slider and standard text to display on the front page?

How to set the speed so it is actually 3 seconds - I did enter 3000 where suggested but it's pacing through at 1 second in Appearance:Theme Customise:[Tab 1]

Initially I'd set a static front page. Found a helpful comment suggesting that I don't use a static page. Changed this and my slider appeared (racing past!). But I've lost my text/page.

Help please!
Thank you Joanne

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Joanne,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your questions.

How can I get both the slider and standard text to display on the front page?

In the Reading settings of your site select "Front page displays" option to "Your latest posts" and to display text slider just set the "Show slideshow block?" & "Show feature content block? " to "Yes" on the following path, then configure it appropriately.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Scripts
    Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Feature

Do you want to display content from any particular page on the front page of your site?

How to set the speed so it is actually 3 seconds - I did enter 3000 where suggested but it's pacing through at 1 second in Appearance:Theme Customise:[Tab 1]

You can control the speed of slider from the "Enter the slide speed" Studio theme option on the following path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Options -> Scripts

In the above option 1000 equals to 1 second and 3000 is the default.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.