Studio Theme - Modify to include full blog post instead of just excerpt?

G'day everyone,

Name's Adam, and I thought I understood wordpress to a small degree, but I have been stuck trying to modify the Studio theme to allow the blog section to show the full post, rather than just the small, 200 character excerpt.

Can anyone offer me advice on doing this? Thanks,

• Tammie

Studio uses the function the_excerpt() that is what you want to change to the_content(). It all depends on where you want to do that though. I can guess the template for showing blog posts perhaps?

If I assume that template then you want to look at the loop-functions.php under library/functions - think of this as your 'brains' to output in Studio.

You've not stated if you use BuddyPress or not so lets point out that will change where you update things. In the template file you have:

<?php if( $bp_existed == 'true' ) { ?>
    						<?php do_action( 'bp_before_blog_post' ) ?>
    							<?php bp_wpmu_blogpageloop(); ?>
    								<?php do_action( 'bp_after_blog_post' ) ?>
    					<?php } else { ?>
    							<?php wpmu_blogpageloop(); ?>
    					<?php } ?>

- template-blognews.php

So.. going into the loop functions file you basically find either or those functions and replace the _excerpt() with the_content.

This is not something you can do under child and parent themes though so be careful on updating. In future even for something like this it's really easier for us if you provide a link. We understand you can't in all cases but it would have told me what your set up was for instance BuddyPress or not.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.