Studio Theme repeating the fourth slide in position six

It seems that whatever image I point to in position 4 is also shown in position 6, no matter what position 6 is actually set to. Please see http://studentsoftraders.com for an example.

And, by the way, my IP address was blocked by my host, because they thought I was slamming them with a DOS attack! The circumstances were that I was trying to get the six panels looking right, and when I would reload the page, I would see the six panels' Alt Text for a very long time (minutes) before the images would finally appear again. The support tech said he thought the images must have been requested over and over again, until the firewall finally blocked my IP address. (This just happened after I upgraded to Studio Theme 1.0.3, which may or may not be related to the problem.)

• greymatter

I'm also seeing this at the bottom of the page at times:

-- SoundManager 2 failed to load (security/load error) --
    soundManager.disable(): Shutting down
    soundManager: Failed to initialise.
    soundManager: Verify that ./soundmanager2_debug.swf is a valid path.
    soundManager: No Flash response within expected time. Likely causes: Loading soundmanager2_debug.swf may have failed (and/or Flash 8+ not present?), Flash blocked or JS-Flash security error.
    soundManager: Getting impatient, still waiting for Flash...
    soundManager::initMovie(): Waiting for ExternalInterface call from Flash..
    soundManager::initMovie(): Got EMBED element (created via JS)
    soundManager::createMovie(): Trying to load ./soundmanager2_debug.swf
    -- SoundManager 2 V2.96a.20100822 (AS2/Flash 8), MovieStar mode, normal polling --

• Mason

Hiya,

That is an odd one for sure. I see a couple things, but I'm not sure if either are actually affecting the slider issue.

The error you pasted above I am almost certain has nothing to do with our theme. Something is wanting to load some flash content on your page and is obviously unable to :smiley: I'd recommend turning off all plugins and seeing how things look then.

Also, there's a newer version of the chat plugin on the forums:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/chat-timestamps#post-57415

It's got an update to correct a javascript issue. Grab that as that's showing an error on your page as well.

Once we've got all the plugins deactivated (and the flash/javascript issues sorted) let's see if we can't take care of the slider issue as well.

Thanks!

• greymatter

Believe it or not, other than Akismet and BuddyPress (which is inactive), everything I'm running came from WPMU DEV.

Here's what's installed:

All:
    Akismet
    Version 2.4.0 | By Automattic | Visit plugin site

BuddyPress (Inactive)
    Version 1.2.5.2 | By The BuddyPress Community | Visit plugin site

Chat
    Version 1.0.1 alpha 6 | By S H Mohanjith (Incsub) | Visit plugin site

Must use:
    Affiliate lite
    Version 1.2 | By Barry at Clearskys.net

Membership Premium
    Version 1.0.1 | By Barry (Incsub) | Visit plugin site

Popover plugin
    Version 2.0 | By Barry (Incsub) | Visit plugin site

Update Notifications
    Version 1.0.3 | By Andrew Billits

I've discovered that the soundmanager2_debug.swf errors go away by deactivating the chat plugin. That file is in the chat patch that you recommended (which I had already applied yesterday).

Anyway, what about the panels 4 and 6 issue? That problems persists. Am I the only one seeing that?

• greymatter

@Tammie: I deactivated all plugins, renamed mu-plugins to mu-plugins.x, cleared my browser cache, restarted the browser, and I still see slide 4 repeated on slide 6. What did you mean by reset the slides? Can you check http://studentsoftraders.com and see if slide 4 matches slide 6?

(BTW, I'm wondering if the DOS attack was related to using Opera with Turbo on and doing repeated clean refreshes. Just a hunch.)

• Tammie

@greymatter: There is no way a theme is causing a DOS attack you will want to look somewhere else for the issue.. maybe a plugin was causing the page to constantly reload / refresh browser I can't comment. However a theme from us will never do that or we'd certainly not get very far without a lot of shouting :slight_smile: You are the only one experiencing this so I suggest you recreate and add the slides and maybe even clear down your options tables also look at if you're hosting is an issue. Worries me a tad when a hosting company blames a theme or are you the one saying about the theme causing a DOS attack which of course it is not.

• greymatter

I'm just calling it a "DOS attack." The point is that it made enough requests in a short enough span of time that their automated system blocked my IP address. It's not inconceivable that retries in a loop could stack up somehow and cause requests to multiply. That's why I suggested that Opera Turbo might be part of the issue. Anyway, I put that comment in parens, because it was just an aside.

More to the point, slide 4 repeats on slide 6 on three out of three computers that I've tried. I've verified that my images are not repeated, and I can move them around to get a different image to appear for slides 4 and 6. But I consistently get this problem.