Studio Theme Slider Broken

Good afternoon,

I have taken over management of a website from another web designer.

The previous designer used your studio theme and adapted it to fit the customers needs. Due to this they have disabled any of the update features you may offer.

The looped slider on the homepage has stopped working since the latest wordpress update. I am presuming this is a Javascript conflict but my knowledge on this is limited. Would you be able to offer any suggestions or if updates are available a changelog of the changes that have been made so I can manually amend the customers template.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• aecnu

Greetings CS_Team,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation and the Studio theme and slider.

The looped slider on the homepage has stopped working since the latest wordpress update.

We have indeed updated the Studio theme to work with the latest version of WordPress of course and the slider is indeed working flawlessly as demonstrated here on my production servers: http://studio.aecnuwpmu.us/

The previous designer used your studio theme and adapted it to fit the customers needs. Due to this they have disabled any of the update features you may offer.

Understood and acknowledged - there for be careful when doing your updates being sure to make a complete backup beforehand so you can restore if things go wrong for whatever reason.

I am presuming this is a Javascript conflict but my knowledge on this is limited.

This is not the case that I am experiencing and ot be sure this is the issue you can test using Chrome of Firefox and pressing control+shift+J which will show any errors in the console if they indeed exist.

Would you be able to offer any suggestions or if updates are available a changelog

Every WPMU DEV product has a home page with a description of the product and a usage tab describing installation and usage of the product at hand.

In addition, on those very two pages in the right column it has what the product is compatible with and a change log. To see the change log for the current version one clicks on the little note pad icon. For change logs of the past versions click on change log.

To access the previous version within the change log click on the version number and it will want to download to your computer.

That should do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Vaughan

hi @CS_Team

thanks for posting.

We usually include changelog files in the themes folder itself.

It is always advisable to create a child theme if you are going to edit a theme, that way the changes aren't lost during updates. (however, since you have taken over this development, it is already too late unfortunately).

Do you have a backup at all?

it maybe possible that you could use a diff program to highlight the changes, on windows, 1 of the best diff programs is WinMerge, Linux is Kdiff3

it will allow you to compare the 2 themes files simulataneously side by side, highlighting all the differences between both. of course this would mean you having the backup copy to hand to compare from.

the slider is a part of the package, but as you say, there maybe some javascript errors.

you could check by enabling WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php

also whilst on the page, hit ctrl+shift+J in either chrome or firefox browsers, if there's any javascript errors, you will see them in the console that opens up.

hope this helps.

thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.