Style Network Dashboard differently than the main and subsites.

I'd like to style the Multisite Network Admin pages differently than the main site and all the subsites. I want ot have a unique color scheme that goes like this:

Network Admin: Black
Main Site: Green
All Sub-Sites: Blue

Any ideas how to do this?

In multisite, the same user account gets used between all the sites & network admin dashboard, so as far as I know, this is not natively possible. But it's a great idea for someone who wants to write a plugin!

Using plugins now, you can assign specific themes on a per site basis and lock it removing the ability for a user to select a different theme. So if you only activate the plugin on a site by site basis configuring them individually this can be achieved. But the network dashboard is the same as the parent sites assigned theme.

My question is how to target the network admin pages only, having them apply a different car file.

• Milan

Hello TJ Havens

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I'd like to style the Multisite Network Admin pages differently than the main site and all the subsites. I want ot have a unique color scheme that goes like this:

Network Admin: Black
    Main Site: Green
    All Sub-Sites: Blue

Any ideas how to do this?

This is possible but will require custom amount of work and that work falls in out of scope of this support forum. But let me explain you possible steps you can take to make this happen.

#1) You can define styling rules for your 3 of themes. And for that you'll crate 3 stylesheets. ( One for each one )
    #2) Then in the hooked function of https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/admin_enqueue_scripts hook you can check which site's dashboard is being rendered and based on that you can load appropriate sytlessheets.

If you need further clarification on this one, please do let me know. I would love to give you detailed information for this. :slight_smile: If I missed something oblivious here, please do let me know about that too.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.