Styling the pages created by CoursePress

FYI: I had previously activated Marketpress and am using it for other products.

I'm just getting started with setting up my first course and when I looked at the preview, a page is generated on the fly. What I need to know is: can I style this page, including changing the sidebar, removing the comments section (like a blog page), and other general options available when I am on a normal page editor?

I have a few other general questions about Coursepress as well:

1. When I went through the checkout process, there was a place to enter a coupon code. Where does that get done?
2. Can the Paypal chained payment method work if I have a course set up on one of my subsites?

Thanks, Joe.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Joe!

Since you've already got MarketPress installed, it's already handling the payments for CoursePress, so the payment settings you're seeing reflect your MarketPress settings.

In the General settings for CoursePress, there is an assortment of default virtual pages you can change to be a page in your list of Pages. You can customize these with any of the available shortcodes from the shortcodes tab in the CoursePress settings.

You shouldn't be seeing comments on your CoursePress pages, I'm looking on my own site, with the twenty fifteen theme, and there are no comment sections on any CoursePress page. Can you temporarily switch to a default WordPress theme and see if the comments go away?

When I went through the checkout process, there was a place to enter a coupon code. Where does that get done?

Add the coupons in MarketPress, under the Coupons tab.

2. Can the Paypal chained payment method work if I have a course set up on one of my subsites?

Yep! When you set up each course, in the bottom panel of the accordion, you'll be able to set the payment gateway for that course, from those available. If you use PayPal Payflow Pro (perhaps the worst product name ever), I believe this will allow you to set up chained payments.

Hope this helps!

• joejacobson
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Michelle,

I'm getting confused. So many shortcodes! I need some help getting off on the right foot.

I started with the top setting under "Slugs." I tried to create a new page that would replicate the course page (http://wordsandwriters.com/courses/). I changed the slug to course-list and then created a new page (http://wordsandwriters.com/course-list). I added this shortcode: [course show="title,image,description,summary,cost,button" course_id="2842"]. The title and the summary don't seem to be showing on the page.

I was just trying to replicate the /courses page, although that page is not showing the summary (also called the excerpt, I think). I'm not having success doing this.

I was able to remove the comments area from the page I created. And I can add other styling as needed.

But I need help getting this off the ground with at least one page that works. Can you help me recreate the default "All Courses" page found here: http://wordsandwriters.com/courses/

I will grant access in my dashboard.

Thanks, Joe.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay here.

If I understand correctly you are looking to create list of your courses on custom page, but the shortcode you provided is to show single course, I believe you are looking for this shortcode:
    [course_list]
    Let me know if this is what you are looking to accomplish.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.