Styling the sign up form

As you can see, the sign up widget styling is WAY off - where do I edit this without breaking the plugin again?

jill

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Jill,

That's peculiar, I'm unable to replicate that on a test site. I wonder if your theme overrides the typical form styling.

Perhaps the following, added to your theme's style.css (Appearance > Editor) might fix this?
    label { display: block; }

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Adeptris,

That's correct, it can be done through the plugin code itself. However, the way that it's done currently allows for better customization of the form through css, letting you put the labels on new lines or put them in a sleek columnar form.

If the linebreaks are there, it wouldn't be quite so customizable css wise.

Moreover, Twenty Eleven provides the css that places the labels on a new line automatically and since it's the standard for WordPress themes, themes really should follow suit with default form styling.

But honestly, developments around here really depend on member demands and if you all as members really would like to see the inclusion of a linebreak, we'll definitely forward that request to the developers.

Just let us know.

Cheers,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi David,

That's very strange. I've tested using Twenty Eleven in its basic form. Not sure why the child wouldn't maintain the form css, or if that's the issue. I wonder if maybe there's another plugin that's affecting form styling?

In any case, the code I mentioned, when added to your theme's style.css should accomplish the same.
    label { display: block; }

But yes, adding the linebreaks should work as well. I've mentioned this all to the developers as well.

Cheers,
    David

• Adeptris
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi David,
    I checked the twenty eleven stylesheet and admin stylesheet for label and nothing came up, they may have changed it with the recent update.

You are correct it would be better to add a style, this is one I created just for the subscribe form labels, adjust the styles like font and min width for your theme.

#subscribes_form label {
    	display: inline-block;
    	font-size: 13px;
    	left: 4px;
    	min-width: 60px;
    	padding: 4px 10px;
    	position: relative;
    }

HTH

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.