Sub-blog are not accessible via the admin panel

Ok, so this is the situation:

I...

- Created a multisite install of WordPress (latest version, and DNS wildcard enabled) at italkhockey.com with wpwebhost.com (shared hosting plan)
- Set up several sub-blogs
- Set my blog's IP in the "Server IP Address" in the "Network Setting" section
- Set "The domain used for the administration area should be the" as "original domain"
- Set up rumormethat.com as a parked domain, and pointed it to one of my sub-blogs (i.e. rumormethat.italkhockey.com)
- Set redirection (via the Domain Mapping admin panel) on rumormethat.italkhockey.com to rumormethat.com

And here's the issue:

Accessing rumormethat.com works perfectly; and so does logging into the site's admin area.

However, when accessing rumormethat.italkhockey.com (or any other sub-blog) via the italkhockey.com "Network > Site" page, I get the following error:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Questions:

Is this supposed to happen? If not, is there a way to fix this?

I have users that belong to, and need to post on, several blogs. So they have to have the ability to navigate to their blogs via the "My Sites" admin panel. Which right now they can't.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi frantic,

The other steps in your description seem fine to me it's just the following that stood at:

Set up rumormethat.com as a parked domain, and pointed it to one of my sub-blogs (i.e. rumormethat.italkhockey.com)

I believe for what you're looking to do, you'd just need to point that domain rumormethat.com to your main site, rather than to the sub-blog. Domain Mapping will take care of pointing it to your sub-blog once that's done.

Could you please give that a go?

Thanks,
    David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.