Sub-Domain Site Error When Creating New User

When you click on "Join Us Here" an error page appears. Any reason why?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Kunal, I hope you're well today!

Could you please set WP_DEBUG to true in your wp-config.php and then try this again?
    This time you should get some error messages and one of them should be a "fatal error".
    Can you please post these error messages here so that we may take a look?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Kunal
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I am using the plugin Multisite User Management in conjunction with pro sites and pretty plugins. And I have set my other sites to "Administrators" under network settings just to see if that was the issue, but its still giving me an error.

• Kunal

So in summary this is whats happening:
    On Hostgator services I had established a multi-site-sub-domain setup on Industryupgrade.com and it was working fine. (Or at least I'd like to believe since I never tested user sub-domain-user-registration).

THEN

I migrated to Nexcess Hosting, and everything was working fine up until the point of user registration on a sub-domain site, and the main site as well. On the main site
    ( industryupgrade.com ) there is a registration button but user can not click to create account.

THEN

I opened this ticket, modified the wpconfig file and we are at the same place, any thoughts, I am open to moving hosting services back to Hostgator if this is an issue that is unknown to any. Just please advise next options. Thank you.

• Kunal

IF there is no solution then please state it, just say "hey its probably better to move hosting back to host gator". Thats all I want to confirm but it seems you guys are really busy. I am trying my best to get this launched so I hope you can understand my frustration, I'm losing time, money and clients.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Kunal,

I'm sorry for the delay on this post... We answer to posts in a reverse chronological order, so if a post hasn't had a reply for 1 day for example it at the top of our list, while a post that has just been replied to is at the bottom of our queue of posts.
    This way we try to answer to your posts as timely as possible.
    Unfortunately your replies kept moving this thread to the bottom of our queue, so I just got to it.
    I know, it's not an ideal system and we are continuously working on ways to improve it. Hopefully we'll be able to fix this issue on our forums soon and avoid issues like this in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Could you please grant me access to your backend so that I may see exactly what is happening?
    To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the "Grant access" button.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Kunal

Just did that.

If you could just briefly look at it and tell me if I should switch hosting back I am OK with that.

Another option I am considering is STARTING FRESH. Advise in that avenue as well. I am ok with deleting everything.

• Kunal

No it was not resolved, I have actually given up with WPMUDEV and plan to cancel soon, its just too hard man and the turnaround time for help is just too slow, I had big plans to expand this to my clients but I just don't know anymore.

• aristath
    • Recruit

From the other thread:

1. Copy the BP registration form/file to my own theme directory to create my own registration page (/mytheme/buddypress/members/register.php)

It says you should copy the register.php file from BuddyPress to your theme.
    That file is located in wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/registration/register.php
    Have you tried copying that file and change it to suit your theme?

I have also notified my colleague @Ashok on this thread since he is our themes expert.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Kunal

Guys,
    just an update, today I just canceled, I think giving me better advice like switching hosting would have been better, i really dont know what went wrong, but as far as having your "own WPMUDEV Team" as a selling point I was not impressed but still appreciate the efforts nonetheless.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Kunal,

Hope you're well today, I'm sorry to hear you have cancelled your Membership.

I have just checked this issue and it's actually a bug in the theme not a hosting issue.

You have multisite installed, the signup link on a multisite is wp-signup.php, but the theme is hardcoded for wp-login.php?action=register which is for a single site install.

If you open up the theme and in lib > templates > wp-template > call-signup.php

Look around line 25 and you'll see this

<?php
    if($tn_buddycom_call_signup_button_text_link == ''){ ?>
    <?php if($bp_existed == 'true') { global $bp; ?> <a href="<?php echo $bp->root_domain . '/' . bp_get_root_slug( 'register' ) . '/'; ?>">
    <?php } else { ?><a href="<?php echo site_url; ?>/wp-login.php?action=register"><?php } ?>

Change that to

<?php
    if($tn_buddycom_call_signup_button_text_link == ''){ ?>
    <?php if($bp_existed == 'true') { global $bp; ?> <a href="<?php echo $bp->root_domain . '/' . bp_get_root_slug( 'register' ) . '/'; ?>">
    <?php } else { ?><a href="<?php echo site_url; ?>/wp-signup.php"><?php } ?>

So it'll still be hard coded, but it will at least work now :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.