Sub Domains

Just a general question that I couldn't find in help. Is a sub domain of the main site/ not of a different domain considered more than one site. I am interested in taking advantage of your 3 domain hosting. If I load icemediaent.com and blog.icemediaent.com – will you consider this one domain/site or two?? Thank you! :slight_smile:

• Christopher
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ilene,

I just a newbie here but I have been tinkering with hosting for a minute. I would take a guess and say that your scenario would count as one server instance if both domain and subdomain reside on the same machine (instance). in that regard, you technically can install WP multisite on a 1GB instance and add 5 domains to it. I would run like molasses but it still would be one of your three free servers.

Let me know if this is not correct, but I think so. Good luck with this.

Christopher

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Ilene

When we say 3 sites, that means 3 wordpress installations. So on our hosting, if you use a subdomain, and if that will be a separate wordpress install, and be counted as a separate site.

A way is using a multisite. If you install a multisite on the main domain, and then you can create as many subsites as you want. Those will be considered as one site, as this is one WordPress install.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.