Sub site Admin can't see Membership

WP 3.2.1
Membership plugin 2.0.7 not Network Activated
Per Site Auto Activated through Pro-Sites

I can access the Membership Admin Area through Super Admin on a subsite (see image 34)
but I can't see the Membership Admin Area when logged in as the sub site Admin. (See image 2)

How does the Sub site admin see the Membership Admin?

Thx.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Atlanta,

The site admin really should be able to see the Membership dashboard so I'm not sure what's going on in this case. Have you altered roles or capabilities on this site, or are you using anything like the Admin Menu Editor?

Thanks,
    David

• Martin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi guys,
    I have absolutely the same problem.
    WP Multisite 3.2.1, Membership Premium 2.0.7.

Membership Premium 2.0.7. network activated:
    Super admin sees Membership dashboard. Site admin see 'Modul activated' status, but not the membership dashboard.

Membership Premium 2.0.7. network de-activated:
    Super admin sees Membership dashboard. Site admin see 'Modul activated' status, but not the membership dashboard.

Very strange:slight_frown:

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Martin

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

Have you altered roles or capabilities on this site, or are you using anything like the Admin Menu Editor?
    Hi, I am not using menu editor and the only other places that I can think of alter roles are the network>users but the site is correctly showing as an administrator there. The sub site admin initially created the site through Pro Sites and New Blog Template.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi guys, really sorry for the delay here, I've been trying to work out a possible culprit here and came to a couple possible conclusions.

For one thing, Membership has an option to in each user's profile to allow for administration of Membership options as illustrated here.

You can navigate to that Site Admin's profile and see if that option is ticked. If you're using New Blog Template along with the "User" option ticked, then this particular setting may be carrying over when creating new sites, making it so the Site Admin has that option unticked.

Also, if you've had Membership setup to use global tables in the past (this would be done via the option in membership-includes/includes/membership-config.php) that could affect things now.

You might have to delete all the membership options in the database (denoted by an m_ or membership_ prefix) in order for Membership to fully recognize it's supposed to use site-by-site tables.

Could you let us know if either of those is the case for you both?

Thanks,
    David

• Martin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi guys,
    I have no good news:slight_frown:

1) I added the Membership Administration tick, but it has no impact. Also there is no impact with a plugin activation/deactivation from the plugin menu. Even superadmin Edit Site Membership settings option is not respected.
    The result is still the same: superadmin sees Membership dashboard in all cases, site admin sees nothing.

2) I have the following statement in my membership-config.php file:
    // Use a global table system - experimental
    if(!defined('MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES')) define( 'MEMBERSHIP_GLOBAL_TABLES', false);

Thanks a lot for your help.

Martin

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

1. In User profile there was no option to check/ uncheck allow Membership administration. See screenshot.

2. I deleted all m prefix in phpmyadmin, set global tables to false and this is the error message I get when I click on plugins and themes in the admin dashboard...
    http://siteerrorlog.wordpress.com/error-log-when-m-prefix-deleted/

3. Per earlier communication, login details to follow David.
    @Martin we'll post solution in this thread.

Thx

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

@Martin,
    David offered this suggestion on Friday, my apologies for not posting this sooner, I was out of the office until now. I am still testing it but here goes:

David's message:
    "I think the issue may be resolved by ensuring the site you're templating has Membership activate[d] at all times, and then making sure the Membership database tables are ticked in the template itself.

I've created an example template (Membership Template) where you can see the Membership tables ticked. "See image 2.

I'm not sure if global tables in the config file threw it off for me but (in image 1) I was never given an option to select the individual tables to copy over on from a blog template.

I turned off global tables and David was able to check off the tables...

@David... Thanks. Was it bc global tables was turned off again that you were able to select the tables, or was there a button other than in the NewBlogTemp snapshot to add the tables? Sub admin can't login. I'll set membership levels and test.

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,
    3 hours of testing and still no go...

I created a site using the blog template that you created David and it still doesn't show the Membership plugin activated.

I also have Membership auto activated, template tables are ticked off like you suggested. How do I fix? Membership is still only viewable by the Super Admin.

MarketPress is auto activated and it works. I'm still not sure why Membership doesn't.... help.

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

Hi Martin,
    Thx for the heads up, I won't upgrade yet.

WPMUDEV developer Mohanjith worked with Barry and sent this solution over today:slight_smile:
    "Please replace membershipadmin.php in membershipincludes/classes/ with
    attached version. It should fix the issue....[]"

I'll try it now.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings squiwrl,

Though it appears that this thread was active, it was in your best interest to have opened your own ticket being that this one had been closed for five months and the versions and things have changed so much that other then your post the rest is irrelevant.

Membership V 3 RC 1 is out and this is what we should be working with now. In addition, there is one interim fix release that fixes several bugs which is prior to the anticipated possibly named V 3 RC 2 update.

Looking forward to helping you on the front end as needed.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.