Sub-sites redirect to the main site after changing domain

After migration of site from .com to .org, subsites (and their dashboards) all redirect to the main site... I've checked wp-config, htaccesss, but haven't yet figured out what's causing the issue... hoping you can help me figure it out.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello xbladerunner,

I hope you are well today. I'll be following up with you regarding your chat.

I've logged into your site and server and taken a look around. It looks as though when performing your migration, the entire contents of your {prefix}_domain_mapping table got dropped. There are 0 entries in the database.

Also, while going through your subsites, I'm seeing that not all URL references to the .com version of your domain were updated, but instead are only partially updated.

Would you please restore the backup of your Multisite database and work through the steps as outlined in the following thread to update the primary domain on your network?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-change-a-multisite-primary-domain

Please let us know if this resolves your issue and whether you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• xbladerunner
    • Syntax Hero

1) domain mapping plugin isn't being used, so I presume the table isn't being used...

2) only some of the {prefix}_#_options tables have not been converted to .org because I'm still doing some testing to figure WTF is going on...

-when I DON'T convert them, the subsite does show up at the .org address if the request is made from outside the network, but the theme is all messed up, and all the links on the subsite are .com... BUT if I request the subsite from the main site dashboard or the network dashboard, the subsite redirects to the main site...

-when I do convert them, the subsite redirects to the main .org site whenever requested by a browser... both from main or network dashboards, as well as outside requests.

I'm following the directions provided... any ideas? I've been using wp-rocket, but shut it down for the migration, I think I got all the cache deleted -- do you think it could be causing this behavior? I haven't turned it back on...

• xbladerunner
    • Syntax Hero

Ok, got them all sorted out but 2.

All the subsites are now resolving properly on the frontend, but two of them will revert to the main site if you try to goto their dashboard at /subsite/wp-admin... BUT if you goto their dashboard at /subsite/wp-admin/index.php they resolve fine. ??? (selecting their dashboard from the backend network admin dropdown menu results in the redirect to the main site because it calls wp-admin, rather than wp-admin/index.php).

I'll do a plugin analysis to see if those two sites have any variances from the others there, but I'm otherwise out of ideas. Let me know if you have any.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.