subdomain created not working bluehost

Hi have set all up as per instructions and am using bluehost server
new site, is not showing and login page is showing 404 error,, all wp files are in the file manager

would you know why this is happening

• Sajid

Hello Rod Dagan,
    Hope you are doing good today and warm welcome to WPMU DEV :slight_smile:

I am assuming that you followed the instructions to enable WordPress MultSites.

But instead of creating a new subdomain/subsite from Network Dashboard -> Sites -> Add New. You created a new subdomain from cPanel.

If yes, then please note that, after enabling WordPress MultiSites, you don't need to create subdomains/subsites from cPanel. You have to create it from Network Dashboard -> Sites -> Add New.

Also, one more thing. For WordPress MultSites subdomain setup, you have to create wildcard subdomain entry in your cPanel to make it work properly. To create wildcard subdomain, just go to cPanel -> Subdomains, create a new domain with * and make sure it points/resolve to same directory where you have installed WordPress MultiSites.

For more details on how to create a wildcard subdomain entry in cPanel, see below article:

If I did not understood correctly, then please provide more details and also enable support staff access so I could take a closer look.

To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support