subdomain mapping

now we need to have posicionamiento.adlanding.cl in posicionamiento.bigbuda.cl, already created the cname but also is not working, what i did wrong?

• Marcel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

and is not way to make it work? because when i added a client domain with A record also didnt work before because it was on the same server, so i needed to create a domain addon with all the client domain for make it work.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @marcelacunis!

Are both adlanding.cl and bigbuda.cl hosted on the same server/hosting account? If so, the simplest way would be, instead of changing anything in DNS settings, to simply set “root folder” for “posicionamiento.adlanding.cl” to point to the WordPress install of “bigbuda.cl”.

As a result, putting “posicionamiento.adlanding.cl” in a browser bar would load “bigbuda.cl” site and then it’s only a matter of adding mapping on “Tools -> Domain Mapping” page of posicionamiento.bigbuda.cl” dashboard.

Did you try that already?

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Marcel,

Pointing the subdomain will not replace the original domain, what Adam suggested above is best way to go, he just switched the domains a bit.

So what you need is to set root folder of posicionamiento.bigbuda.cl to be WP folder of adlanding.cl, after that map posicionamiento.bigbuda.cl to posicionamiento.adlanding.cl in Domain Mapping and that should be it.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Marcel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

can you please give me step by step instructions for accomplish this?

also another question, if we move all the multisite to a different server with a different ip of all our hosting clients, will work easier and faster and mapping domain plugin?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Marcel,

This is something that you need to configure on server side so it depends on which host you are using, if they provide cPanel, some other kind of control panel, etc.

So it’s best to discuss this with your hosting provider and ask them to point your posicionamiento.bigbuda.cl domain to root folder of adlanding.cl.

also another question, if we move all the multisite to a different server with a different ip of all our hosting clients, will work easier and faster and mapping domain plugin?

There’s really not much difference between setting it up in either cases, pretty much the point is that the domain you want to map is pointed to your multisite, when that happens domain mapping can do its thing and map it to subsite.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.