Subdomain multisite install with domain mapping - is it possible to have all uploads on a CDN?

I have been looking around for a good answer to this question for a while now but not found anything definitive. I would like to host all uploads across my multisite on a CDN, preferably Amazon S3.

My set up is a subdomain install with most blogs having mapped domains, I also want to avoid a scenario where I have to configure options for each blog individually (as we're getting about 40 new blogs per month). My question is, is this possible?

My guess would be that I need to move the blogs.dir to Amazon s3 and then create a mu-plugin, or make a settings alteration in my db to tell wordpress to create new blog.dir directories on amazon s3 and upload all files to their. However, I'm wondering if you have any wisdom you could offer on the matter?

• Ivan Shulev
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey Samuel ,

I hope you are having a nice day so far!

I will have to call in our SLS team (coding experts and developers) to see what they think about this.

Please keep in mind their answer might take longer as they deal with a lot of issues.

Thank you for understanding and I wish you an awesome day ahead!

Ivan

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Samuel

Normally this is not possible to auto configure CDN when you have subdomain based multisite. When you have subfolder multisite, then it will work. Otherwise you have to configure for every blog/subdomain.

I would suggest to talk to any premium CDN service if they can manage a special setting for you and that may help.

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.