subdomain setup + domain mapping + a sub domani for the mapped domain

Is this possible?

Details

subdomain.domain.com is being sent to clientdomain.com

clientdomain.com wants to add a service that is usually run on a sub domain 3rdparty.clientdomain.com

how would this be done?
clientdomain.com domain control and just create a cname for a subdomain? is it that simple or does the multisite make that a mess?

• thinkmarketact
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm not sure you understand my question

more detail this time...

subdomain.domain.com is on my multi site and it is pointing to clientdomain.com

within the domain mapping on the multi site for subdomain.domain.com i enter clientdomain.com
    within the domain control of the client site i enter my ip addy as an a record

that is done and now when i type in subdomain.domain.com i end up at clientdomain.com

but now the client wants a sub domain
    newsubdomain.clientdomain.com
    AND
    clientdomain.com

the subdomain.clientdomain.com will get its info from someone other than me.

so what do i do?

tell my client to go to his domain control and create a cname and point it to who ever will be showing content on the new subdomain?

end result should be as follows

when someone opens up clientdomain.com in the browser my clients site comes up
    AND
    when someone opens up subdomain.clientdomain.com in the browser something else opens up.

• Mark de Scande
    • Syntax Hero

@thinkmarketact yes it is doable :slight_smile:

you want it do to this :slight_smile:

test.bloglines.co.za maps to mysite.com then the user have to set up the blog on mysite.com and then have a blog at test.mysite.com

This is the way BlogLines.co.za is working

All you have to do is go to
    http://bloglines.co.za/wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=multi-domains and then just add his domain name in there.

I hope this helps

• Mark de Scande
    • Syntax Hero

@thinkmarketact Ok i thinks i am with you :slight_smile:

Try this

Cpanel
    Advanced DNS Zone Editor

Add a Record

Name test.bloglines.co.za.
    TTL 60
    CNAME: test.bloglines.co.za.

After i have just spent time in typing this i see a problem the the site test.bloglines.co.za. will point to bloglines.co.za not going to work for you sorry buddy

Idea :slight_smile:
    If the customer has his own setup and cpanel account he can then set it up the way you were thinking .

Sorry buddy but i am lost for words here

I want to kick my self here we go

This will work Cpanel / Fantastico
    the just set up a wordpress site in a subdir Ie site1.mysite.com + mysite.com

SO it will give him 2 websites :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.