Subdomain user registeration

Greetings! I am attempting to create multiple feeds that users can register to use. The feeds are on separate subdomains. When attempting to create a new subscriber account on one of the subdomains, it automatically gets bumped to the main site. How can I both restrict this for the main site, and enable subscriberships for subdomains? Best!

• Fox Wilde

Thank you for your reply! There are three purposes I am trying to accomplish.

1. I am creating a multi-network to generate profiles for, say, artists.
    2. I am creating another multi-network, likely buddypress, for potential fans.
    3. I am creating a hub for the aggregate feeds generated by the artists, so that fans and non-subscribers in general can access it all.

The best way I can figure out to do it is to create two sites, on two separate domains (and two separate hosting plans on my hosting provider) broken down in the following manner:

1. The buddypress multi-network, for fans.
    2. The other multi-network, with the aggregate feed hub as the front page.

My reasons for doing this, while likely baseless and uninformed are the following:

1. I want to keep my login processes separate, for artists and fans.
    2. I realize that these groups of subscribers and subsequent profiles will not only grow at potentially very different rates, but the end result for one may be in the hundreds... whereas the end result for the other may be in the tens of thousands (here's hoping, right? hahaha), so I may potentially need two different servers... or some type of 'partition' I'm not thinking clearly about.

My considerations are the following:

1. While these are separate "things", they are supposed to be part of the same "network of sites". Since all social aspects will converge, so too should the tech.
    2. I don't understand yet if the above-described is possible with two separate operating networks.
    3. Additionally, I don't know if I'm overthinking this, and a single multi-network could easily handle this, provided I had a good dedicated server.
    4. Perhaps I am still failing to grasp the robustness of Wordpress, and the plugins afforded by Wpmudev.

I look forward to being set straight, and thank you in advance for your patience!

• James Morris

Hello Fox Wilde,

I hope you are well today.

I'm just doing a bit of housecleaning and tidying up the backfeed a bit. I see this is the same questions you were asking in the Multi-Multi Networks thread. I've responded to your questions there and you seem to be satisfied with the response. I'm going to go ahead and mark this thread as resolved. If you feel this is in err, please feel free to reopen this thread and we will be happy to help you with any further questions you have. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.