Subdomains are not working on multisite

I had a single install, I updated the wp-config.php and .htaccess to create a subdomain based multisite. Initially I had issues with accessing the network admin. I then redid the process, it worked. Then I added a number of subdomains. The issues then started here. I couldn't access the subdomain admins or the website.

I've installed a wildcard ssl cert on *.howto*****.com that is pointing to the root folder of my multisite, not sure if I’m skipping something else.

I’m getting “Index of /“ if trying to access the front-end and an Internal Server Error if trying to access the admin.

• splaquet
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Did you add an:
    - "* A ###.###.###.###" in your DNS
    or
    - are you adding each subdomain into the system?

The first one is what you want, but can take some time to propagate.

Is the site installed in the root /public_html folder or a subfolder? If subfolder, did you remove the .htaccess file from the subfolder (so only root folder has it)?

Just to make sure... If it's in a subfolder, I'd assume it's not a subdomain?

I'd recommend turning off forced HTTPS, to make sure that you're not having an SSL/port issue.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Tsogn

I have checked your wildcard subdomain settings and found it's not pointed to correct folder:

I have made the changes, and it's running fine now.

Please check and let me know. Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.