Submenu items are always visible not sure why

The submenu items are always visible on my site, but the menu structure is properly created.

I tried running a plugin conflict test, but the issue is still there. I'm already running the Twenty Seventeen theme, but I guess that there must be some modification applied on it that is causing this. Could you please help me getting this fixed?

• Ashik
    • Staff

Hi Moez Tharani,

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear that you're facing a problem with your theme submenu and popup.

After inspecting the back-end files of the Site, I'm afraid that, most of the elements of the site is hardcoded in the main theme files. Like homepage sections and other stuff as well. That actually not recommended at all. In that case, you can get the advantage of WordPress child theme if it's necessary for you to write hardcode. Please take care of it in the future.

You may take a look here https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/ to more about what is a child theme, how it works and how to create it.

The submenu items are always visible on my site, but the menu structure is properly created.

I've fixed the menu for you by adding the necessary code in function.php file. You can see the code is wrapped with a commented text like -

//WPMU Dev support -- submenu code starts here.
    Our code
    //WPMU Dev support -- submenu code ended here.

we'll need to remove the popup

The PopUp is removed from the site by removing the code. It should be fine now.

I've created a folder and kept the back of previous files. You can find the files in your theme-directory/old-version-of-files-backup. So, anytime if you would like to restore your site to the previous version, you can do that as well.

Please keep posted if you have any more questions or concerns. We're here to assist you.

Best Regards
    Ashikur Rahman

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.