Subpages not being protected by negative rules

Hey Guys,
I can't for the life of me figure out how come a page that is a child page is not being protected by your plugin. I've enabled a access level title "stranger". Stranger is using negative logic to hide all private pages from anyone who is not logged in. Or at least that's what's suppose to be happening. I've found that certain child pages despite being checked in the negative [page] rules is still accessible by any user logged in or not. I'm really at a loss as to what may be the issue. Any help would be appreciated. Also what other info do you need?

Parent page
Child Page

• Kimberly

I there squiwrl !

Please note that if you are logged in as an administrator you will be able to see all of the pages. When testing I often get lost in all the clicking and get ahead of myself, so I try to remind others as well :slight_smile:

Stranger is using negative logic to hide all private pages from anyone who is not logged in.

So do you have each checked off or only the parent page? The way membership works is that no rule automatically creates or infers another rule. So selecting a parent page as a negative will not automatically include the child pages.

Depending on what you are trying to protect you can also try URL groups. There is more information on those in the manual that you can find here: Membership Usage Docs and link to pdf

A link to your page and some info on what you are trying to protect would be great so I can test the functionality as well. Sometimes it's a cookie or cache issue, so a fresh visitor can help to double check things.

Any other information on your access level settings would also be helpful.

Best,

Kimberly

• aecnu

Greetings squiwrl,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.