Subsciption expired but user still active

user subscription expired, but the user is still Active and can post as before. Under "News" in the dashboard, it shows user's subscription expired and in Edit Members user has no subscription. Mostly seems to work expect it did not make the user Inactive. Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Using wp 3.12, membership 2.03

Thanks,
Matt

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Matt,

I believe that is actually the default behavior for Membership. They shouldn't have access to anything in the subscription levels, but are still 'active' so that they can re-signup or upgrade in the future.

I'll ask a couple other folks to confirm this as well.

Thanks!

• bmk0220
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't mind them being Active, to renew or upgrade. The problem is that they still have "Contributor" access. They can create posts, same as during their active membership. Also, there is no visible renew or upgrade option either.

Here's what I did...I simply set up a level, with the Associated Role - Contributor. That's all I really want. When the user signs up, pays, they do get Contributor access as they should.

The only problem is that when the subscription ends, they still have that access and no renew or upgrade.

I did not try selecting positive and negative rules, just the associated role I wanted. So I don't know if the rules deactivate and that would be a work around or not.

If my Contributor would be moved to Subscriber or something like that, after the subscription ends, and a renew and upgrade payment option shows, that would be perfect.

What do you think?

Thanks,
    Matt

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Matt,

I can see what you're saying regarding the roles remaining after the subscription expires

What about this though...for the subscription level in question, could you try adding a membership level to the end of that subscription that lasts just a day, and that membership level you could setup with a subscriber level?

That way when the subscription ends completely that member will be at the subscriber level. How would that work for you?

As for the upgrade options not showing, it sounds like that could be related to the gateway setup in relation to the subscriptions. Could you let us know what gateways you have setup?

Thanks,
    David

• bmk0220

Hi David,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with the issues I have posted in other threads. Here's the latest on this issue...

I setup that subscrip. to go to Visitor level (subscriber) for 1 day as you suggested. It sounds like a good plan if it behaves as it did previously. I'll let you know the results in a couple of days.

Will revisit the upgrade option issue afterwards as well.

Thanks,
    Matt

• bmk0220

Hi David,

Thanks. I was already using the latest. The suggestion you gave before seems to have worked for the access issue. I just had the user go to a "Visitor" subscrip. after the paid subscrip. ended. Then when that ended after 1 day, they were left at the Subscriber level only. Thanks.

Still can seem to get a "renew" thing happening but I'm satisfied enough for now. I'll come back to that one after I get some other things running properly.

Thanks for the help.

Matt

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.