subscribe button

hi there,

i am using your plug in for my site and i have set up the coupons option however when the user enters the coupon code the button that shows up the the default paypal subscribe one. i have already set up the new buttons links in the membership but its not showing for the coupon section.
where do i customize my button so i can make match the blue lime the other ones.
thank you.

marco

• aecnu

Greetings marco,

Hopefully we can get this fixed up quickly.

the user enters the coupon code the button that shows up the the default paypal subscribe one.

Please post the URL to this page so I can go there and find what URL is pulling in the default PayPal button on your installation.

i have already set up the new buttons links in the membership but its not showing for the coupon section.

In this case you are referring to the gateway section and you input the URL's there?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• marco_rodrigues

hi Joe thanks for the reply. Here is a screen shot of the issues i am talking about.
    i dont know if i can send you the actual url because it is created during sign up but you can go here:

http://yogameditationcourse.com

just sign up and enter coupon code freelifetime. you will see the subcribe buttons from paypal there. i want to make this button match my theme like the others.

Also is there a way to sign out a subscriber when they register an account? i want to send them an email with login details. i notice wp logs you in right after account creation.

How do i disable this feature. is there a plug in for this

thank you.

marco

• aecnu

Greetings marco,

Thank you for your additional input and the screen shot as well.

Sorry for the delay in which your ticket just came up on my screen today. The following is not a criticism but a copy and paste from another ticket to inform you how the ticket system works so that we may work better together and more timely in the future :slight_smile: FYI:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

I signed up and checked where the button is coming from:

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_subscribe_LG.gif

The below screen show shows all the references and possibilities for that button and this one appears to be coming from the PayPal Express gateway \membership\membershipincludes\gateways folder gateway.paypalexpress.php

Let me know how it goes after you have done a search and replace to the button of your choice.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• marco_rodrigues

hi Joe,

thank you for the reply. i have looked at the php paypal express code as you mentioned and made changes to the button url however i am not seeing the results show up on my page. can you please indicate what line number in the code i should look?

I have changed all the subscribe button URLs but still not working. i think i am missing something somewhere?

please let me know.

Thanks

Marco

http://yogameditationcourse.com

• marco_rodrigues

Hi Joe,

I finally got the subscribe button to show up but it wasn't part of the code you mentioned in the gateway payment pages. i wanted to point it out to you so that you know for next time. the button is coded in the classes folder, class.gateway.php page. I found it after searching all the pages for the paypal button text.
    so i guess this one is solved.

i have another issue i need to resolve. i notice that when users sign up for an account in the membership plug in they automatically get signed in after they complete the account creation process. is there a way to disable this so that users have sign in on the wp-login page after they receive their login details via an email.

have them logged in by default is not a good idea since they haven't fully completed the sign up process. please let me know if there is way of accomplishing this. perhaps a plug in exists?

thank you very much for your assistance.

marco

• aecnu

Greetings marco,

Thank you for posting that which is certainly noted and I appreciate you sharing that with us to the benefit of other members as well.

Regarding your second question can you please update to the major update of the Membership plugin version 3.4.4.1

Here is the change log form just 3.4.4:
    Date: 2013-04-07 • Version: 3.4.4
    - fixed feed key setting display on profile page
    - fixed feed adding to standard feed links in theme
    - fixed expired coupons still being applied to subscriptions
    - added check for valid usernames and associated error message
    - added check for valid email address and associated error message
    - added first pass cron class to process members and move them through subscriptions without users needing to login
    - added method to automatically speed up cron processing if there are a lot of members to get through :slight_smile:
    - updated redirect to protected page to check if not already on that page
    - initial set up of extra permissions so that users can be restricted to only have permissions that they need.
    - fix for posts default rule warnings
    - fix for posts default rule interfering with other post types
    - removed some filters from the pages rule
    - fixed categories negative rule
    - added ability to prefix content in the membership powered pages rather than them overwrite any existing content.
    - fix for coupons with no expiry date being seen as expired
    - fix for new cron not loading all expired subscription information
    - fix for coupons admin menu being hidden
    - initial code to move url group processing
    - added interface to allow permissions to be set for users to administer parts of membership
    - fixed subscriptionbutton shortcode so that it can be used for custom designed registration pages
    - fixed ssl issue causing a lot of links to be forced to be ssl on certain web hosts
    - updates to css styling in the admin area and the front end forms

Please advise how it goes after the update and also note those coding change you made because they may get over written.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.