subscribe button on checkout page pro sites

Hi guys, i would like to change the text on the subscribe button to pay...
Where can i change that?

Martin

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Martin!

The easiest way would be to use a tool like our Ultimate Branding, which has site and network-wide text change tool. https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

Another option is to "translate" the button text, we describe the translation process here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/translations/

Ultimate Branding essentially creates a translation file for text changes, so it's a little quicker to get things going with it than doing the translation itself.

Either of these options are better than changing core plugin code, which will be overwritten when the plugin updates.

Thanks for your question!

• Easymarketway
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

It is a really stupid name for a pay button...
    Have a look at your own site, and tell me what it says when you want to join your newsletter....

But you have probably been working like 3 years on an update... (have read all the old post)
    So not likely you have a fix... :slight_frown:

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Martin,

When i want to join the newsletter on our site https://premium.wpmudev.org then the button says "Subscribe".

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve like changing text of subscribe button to pay or the button of join your newsletter so could you please tell me a bit more in detail about it by sharing the screenshot of it so that i can help you to achieve it even if it's delayed from several years as you have said.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Easymarketway
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Clearly you are not reading my initial post...

So i will write it again, so please read it before you answer, and then read it again to be sure you understand it :slight_smile:

In the pro site plugin, check out page the button you click to pay is called Subscribe... I want to change it to Pay, since that is the logic name for it.
    Your support team tell me to use the branding plugin, and change it with that, and that works of course.. So then my questions / objection is that, if i change Subscribe to Pay with the branding tool, will that not change all places I uses the word Subscribe... For example news letter sign up buttons, like your own.... Which say Subscribe...

I only need one word answer YES or NO....

Not that hard is it :wink:

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Martin,

Thank you for making it clear.

I only need one word answer YES or NO....

Not that hard is it :wink:

The one word answer is NO

Because as described in my previous reply, even if the text is similar but both the plugins uses different text domains. The pro sites plugin uses text domain as 'psts' and the enewsletter plugin uses 'email-newsletter' so you can differentiate both the texts by specifying this domain name in the text change module settings as shown in the attached screenshot. You will only have problem in such cases where the text domains are similar and in that case as said previously we can find another solution to resolve it.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Easymarketway

I hope you are well today.

Of course you can change it directly in a file, but we don't recommend that as the changes will be lost when you will update the plugin.

Are you using paypal gateway? Then you can change it in /pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-paypal-express-pro.php line 1752.

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Easymarketway

But you dont really update the plug in

In fact, the plugin is considered under major update, major parts are being rewritten. So, it's taking some time.

For Stripe, please go to /pro-sites/pro-sites-files/gateways/gateway-stripe.php line no 1431.

Using multiple gateway is not currently an option, but I am marking this as a feature request.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.