subscribe by email adding multisite users

subscribe by email adding multisite users automatically or manually

Dear,
Do you know how in a multisite environment there are different users for the different sites?
There is a way to add them from one site to another manually or automatically?
Maybe this is something that only the super admin could do.

Thanks.
Patrizio

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Patrizio,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

You can add subscribers to "Subscribe by Email" in few ways:
    - they can subscribe via widget form
    - they can subscribe using a "follow" button
    - you can manually add them by clicking on "Add subscribers" menu in your site's dashboard
    - and you can import into Subscribe by Email" from a CSV file that would include comma separated list of e-mails.

It seems then there's a way to manually add any user you wish to your "Subscribe by Email" base. I understand that you're aiming to achieve something specific here on your Multisite setup, though I'm not sure if I'm quite following you on this. That said, could you please elaborate a bit on this?

I think it would be great if you could describe a simple "case scenario" (an example) of what exactly would you like to do. I'd be happy then to search for solution for you.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Paddy

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I know those ways to add subscribers.
    I was just thinking that as superadmin it would be nice to be able to see in one page, all the subscribers to the subsites and where necessary be able to drop subscribers from one subsite to the others simply by dropping them. I mean without copying emails then importing the files for example.

I hope is clearer now.

thanks for your help.

Paddy

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paddy!

Thanks for this explanation, it's all clear now :slight_smile:

Currently though, Subscribe by Email doesn't support such feature and adding it would require some serious changes in plugin's code. Therefore I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of our community will support the idea.

As most of new features are added to our plugins upon community requests, this means that in case more members express their support it's very likely that developers will incorporate that feature into development plans for the plugin.

However, in case you'd need it urgently, you may want to ask a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMUD DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam