subscribe by email and html mail templates, using both, css issue

Hi,
I have used the Subscribe by email and HTML mail templates plugins both in my site. According to HTML Mail Template plugin all is well set.

But few Subscribe by mail templates are not getting set and not supported by css changes as well. Mainly... Mail template which will be sent to subscriber every time.

Kindly help to resolve it asap.
Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ADT,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've tested this on my own setup (with "Disco" mail template) by sending a few test mails to my mail accounts. All the messages from both "HTML Mail Templates" and "Subscribe by Email" plugins were delivered and displayed in a form of selected template.

Please note though, that the "Subscribe by Email" preview button doesn't trigger any "HTML Mail Template" so it's not shown on a preview and sending a test message would be the only reliable way to test it.

That said, have you tested the issue this way and still wasn't able to get it working? Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

• ADT

Hi Mr. Adam,
    See the issue is, Subscribe By Email Plugin is already have it's own mail template set. When We use HTML Mail Template Plugin, That supports all the mails running through the site.

But what happens when it comes to Subscribe By Email Template.....
    Both Templates work together. For example:

{Message}

HTML Mail Template Footer

Now, in Subscribe By Email Format,
    The whole mail template design replaces {message} instead of only text matter we need.

For getting the only content without css and template design of SBE plugin, I have disabled the styles used in the "confirmation mail template" and other necessary templates got in plugin editor files. And it worked, this way I got only content matter with HTML Mail Template design.

But specifically, I faced problem in "Mail Template", there are 2 templates available with the same name, I tried to disable its css styles and tried to modify the css styles , but it was not supporting. I don't know why it is showing unnecessary huge space between header and footer and it's content too? When I deactivate the HTML Mail Template Plugin, then it's mail format is ok other wise it is taking extra huge space as I have shown you in last attached pic.

I have issue in only this "Mail Template", if you can help me find the way. Hope you understood the issue.

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ADT,

Thanks for this explanation. Hopefully I got it correctly right now :slight_smile:

One last question though, just to make sure that we're on the same side here: for "Subscribe by Email" messages would you like to use only that "Subscribe by Email" built-in template or would you like to "get rid" of it and instead use selected "HTML Mail Templates" template for entire message?

Let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello ADT!

Assuming that you've already selected mail template from available HTML Mail Templates, all messages sent from your WordPress site should use it, including "Subscribe by Email" plugin.

However, as you've mentioned before, "Subscribe by Email" is using kind of "mixed" template by inserting already "templated" content into HTML Mail Template. The solution here is to create custom "Subscribe by Email" template that would be "bare" and wouldn't include any unnecessary elements.

I've edited default "Subscribe by Email" template for you already so please give it a try. I tested this and I'm thinking it's now quite close to what it should be but I may as well be missing something so your feedback is mostly welcome.

Please download the .zip archive that I've attached to this post and then:
    - unpack it to your local drive
    - access your server via FTP
    - go to /wp-content/themes/ folder
    - switch to the folder of your current theme
    - create a "/subscribe-by-email/" folder there
    - upload four files from an unpacked attachment there

After this is done, "Subscribe by Email" should use this template instead of default one and I think this makes messages look pretty much as they would use only a "HTML Mail Templates" selected template.

Let me know please if I'm on a right track here :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Adam