Subscribe by Email - Categories

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to limit the Subscribe by Email plugin to send out emails only for a certain category. Thanks.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

That is not currently a feature of the Subscribe by Email plugin.

However, I'll move this over to the feature request area for consideration to be added in a future version.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to ask! We're happy to help.

• icandy-graphics
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I would LOVE the ability to have email subscribers be able to either choose from a list of post categories or post tags so they only are notified of posts that interest them. So on my blog, if someone is specifically interested in articles pertaining to SEO, they would get an email about that, but not about the graphic design blogs. You get the picture. I'm putting my vote for this feature. You guys rock!

• digitalmedia
    • New Recruit

Hi, I have a similar need to icandy-graphics above. I have a corporate newsletter blog with a dozen or so authors writing on different topics. Letting my audience subscribe to an individual author, page, category or tag is pretty crucial. Looking forward to seeing if this is implemented. Cheers, :slight_smile:

• jetmac
        • Recruit

At WPMU a "+1" is the signal that someone else wants this feature.

And, I'd love to see the ability to send a welcome email to subscribers.

"Hi, thanks for subscribing!

Here are our top ten favorite posts of all time.

Plus, did you know we have this cool business? Would you like to learn more?"

Subscriptions now are just a glorified RSS feed -- why not make it more than that? Have a welcome email. Have a configurable footer to the post delivery email. Maybe even a different email template for each category? Maybe even connect this to Mail Chimp or eNewsletter?

Right now, Mail Chimp RSS Feed Emails trump the heck out of the Subscription plugin, mainly because MC thinks in terms of a marketing solution. Why can't this plugin be adapted to the do the same thing?

A lot of untapped potential here.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.