subscribe by email continues one email even after deletion

I had installed Subscribe by Email, and it seemed to work fine. However, I needed to disable it for a while, during some major uploading of posts from another WP site. Something has gone screwy, though -- I keep getting emails sent to multiple users, all for the same post, posted days ago. They just keep going out...

I do have AutoBlog also installed, and it works great. Are they somehow connected?

How do I get the Subscribe by Email stuff to STOP -- I would like to reinstall it later...

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

That's really not good.

Can you take a look at that post and see if there have been updates to it? That's the only reason at the moment I can see for multiple e-mails going out.

In the meantime, you may want to completely remove the plugin from your /wp-content/plugins folder to completely circumvent the script running.

If that doesn't work, check your database and you'll see a table called wp_subscriptions - back that up and then remove it.

Let me know how you get on.

Phil

• Ernie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Phil, thanks for your help.

I copied the subscriptions table then Dropped it. Noted that it had zero records, tho.

There have been no repeat of the emails since last night, so if I get no repeat within 24 hours, I will think it is resolved, but still no idea where the instructions are coming from.

I checked and made sure the subscribe-by-email was gone from the plugins pages and from the wp-content/plugins folder.

I did just notice that I may have been using v1.0.3 -- and the latest appears to be 1.0.4. No idea if that would have any effect.

Anyway, I'm going to do two things to test operation:

1 - process something via AutoBlog, to see what get's sent out.
    2 - manually add a new post to the blog to see if any emails are generated.

Question: Doesn't subscribe-by-email look for only NEW posts? I don't expect it to send emails for older ones that I modify/edit.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Okay, that's good to hear.

Yeah, let us know how you get on with those tests. Meantime, I will let the developer know just in case this is a bug we haven't picked up.

My understanding is that it does only new posts but I'll get clarification on that!

Phil

• Ernie
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

24 hours later, and no new emails were sent, as we all hoped.

Autoblog has processed several posts, so that is working fine and no emails were sent out.

I created a new post and nothing was sent out, either.

So, I will likely reinstall the latest version of the plugin today and test it out -- AFTER doing all the post importing.

Still hoping that the plugin only sends emails for NEW posts, not updated ones...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.