Subscribe by Email CRM

Is it a good idea to use the Subscribe by Email plugin's custom fields to create a kind of crm?

I read the wpmudev posts about crms - am I correct in assuming that there is no easy way to keep a separate crm system auto-syced with the subscribe by email database?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Michael,

Is it a good idea to use the Subscribe by Email plugin's custom fields to create a kind of crm?

I don't think that is good start for CRM - however it depends what you expect from CRM? With Subscribe by Email you will have "just" a list of emails and when you click on subscriber you will get more details from custom fields. And that is it. So if you would want something more then you will need to custom code that. I'm not sure if that would be efficient solution than using proper CRM system from start.

am I correct in assuming that there is no easy way to keep a separate crm system auto-syced with the subscribe by email database?

No, that will also require custom coding, but the amount of that might be less than trying to develop a CRM from a Subscribe By Email.

But both solution will require coding at some point.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.