subscribe by email don't send email confirmation to subscribers

Hi,
I think we had this before but I can't find the old thread.
I am trying to subscribe to the following subsite but the plugin SBE don't send an email to confirm the subscribtion.
subsite: http://www.pixshopping.com/4m4progettazionistore/
Last time I remember that there was a conflict with Subscribtion from Jetpack.
So this time Subscribtion is not active but still SBE is not sending out an email.
Can you help?
Support access is granted as well.
Thanks.
Paddy

• Milan

Hello Paddy

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Yes I can confirm issue on your end but unable to replicate on mine. Also I can't find any email logs. Plugin shows that email has been sent successfully, but email is not reaching to its destination. So may be something else is interrupting default flow.

Have you conducted Plugin Conflict test ? if not then its my humble request to you that you do so now. For more information on plugin conflict test, please visit flowchart given in our this support manual,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If this does not help you, then please disable all other email related plugins and just keep only Subscribe By Email active, test again and let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Milan

• Paddy

Hi Milan,
    in one of our support ticket we included some code as we wanted to enable SBE to send email to subscribers using the admin email of each subsite.
    So we activated SBE only site by site and not on mainsite.
    After I noticed that SBE was not working on the mainsite so I have activate the plugin on the mainsite as well.
    Now I think that the conflict could be that code that we added.
    However, I can't find the ticket anymore and neither the code.
    I check one by one all my old tickets but don't see it.
    I don't remember where that additional code was added.
    What can be done in this case?
    Thanks for your help.
    Paddy

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paddy!

I took a look at your Network Admin and I can see that SBE now is network enabled so I guess you switched from "site by site" to "network wide" for a reason. I'm not sure about that additional code as well but usually such additional snippets are added either as MU Plugin or to the current theme's "functions.php" file.

On your site I don't see any SBE related code in "MU Plugins" section and in the "Snippets" section of the dasbhoard. I can't however see the content of "functions.php" file so it would be great if you could take a look inside.

Also, you mentioned that the issue is related to the particular sub-site. Have you already double-checked that it occurs on this sub-site only or if it's a "network wide" issue actually? I'm asking this because, as I said above, it seems that the plugin is no network enabled.

Looking forward to your replay,
    Adam

• Paddy

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for checking this.
    I checked the "functions.php" file and don't see nothing related to SBE as well.
    It's a pitty that I can't find that threat were we added that code...

I tried it on 3 subsites and for all I didn't get any confirmation email.
    Moreover, I wanted to network deactivate it and then to activate it again but it didn't do it!!!
    I network deactivated SBE but then when I go to the mainsite and subsite it still works. So there is everything as normal as the widgets, the menu in the dashboard and the subscribers...
    this looked strange to me so I network activated it and then again network deactivated but nothing happened on mainsite and 3 subsites.
    Strange?! could this be the problem?
    Please let me know if you have any idea. Also support access is granted.
    thanks,
    Paddy

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Paddy,

I found two of your threads with similar questions:

#1 - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/subscribe-by-email-not-sending-notifications-1
    Jude suggested there to setup SMTP, did you perhaps tried setting this up?

#2 - https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/subscribe-by-email-dont-send-email-to-subscribers-as-daily-digest-once-a-day
    Here Adam suggested a hook to use and there was no followup after that, did you try setting that up?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Paddy

Hi Predrag,
    Thanks for checking this.
    Yeah I am having so many problems with "Subscribe by email". When I think is solved then I notice it is still not working.
    I tried the solution aboves. I installed SMTP but nothing changed.
    I had that code and it seems to work and then I discovered that it was not working.
    So very annoyed about all those problems.
    I don't understand!!! Why It can not work smoothly???

• Paddy

Hi Predrag,
    Sorry I didn't add that code that Adam was saying becuase I didn't find the "sbe_pre_send_emails"!
    Is this a file or function?

What we did was step-by-step:
    1. SBE was sending notification for each subsites only using the Network Admin Email.
    2. I wanted to change it and the suggestion was to activate SBE only site by site. But this didn't work. So we added some code somewhere to enable SBE to use the Admin Email for each subsite. (Now the problem I have now is that I can't find that threat anymore)
    3. After adding that code, I notice that notification from the mainsite were not working. I supposed because SBE was activated site-by-site. So I activate SBE network wide and then the notification were working on the mainsite but then not anymore on the subsite.
    4. At the moment when a new subscriber enter his email (to subscribe), he is not receiving the confirmation email to enable the subscription and the daily notification are sent by the Network Admin Email.
    Let's say that I can live with the email been sent always and for each subsite by the NetworkAdminEmail... but the Confirmation email to the new email is very very important...

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paddy!

Thank you for your replay.

I think that this is getting slightly out of control now, as there are two other threads of yours that are related and also one of them was forwarded to our second line support. Furthermore, that other thread was "suspended" for a while due to the fact that Jude (from second line support) didn't get any replay from you since today.

I'd like to ask you if we could now continue with this this way:

1. In your other thread I replayed to you today asking for providing me with access credentials to your server. Take a look here please:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/subscribe-by-email-not-sending-notifications-1#post-1083360

2. I already informed our second line support about your replay and this thread here so the issue is now re-opened and they'll keep working with us on this.

3. Lets continue in this other thread (linked above in point 1) as Second Line Support guys are already involved there and sticking to it will help us follow all the important information.

I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.