Subscribe By Email - Emails are not sent out.

In the email log, it shows that emails are being sent out. But I, and others, have not received an email from the latest post and want to make sure it is functioning properly.

If I could get some assistance that would be great. I'm sure it's something that I have overlooked.

Thanks!

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Brandon,
    I hope you're having a beautiful day!

Did that happen after installing/updating a plugin or theme? Is it possible for you to make a basic theme/plugin conflict test? To perform it, please follow all the steps described on a flowchart in this article (you may need to scroll the page down a little):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I could probably tell you better about the issue if I could see it directly on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

This could be done via Dashboard - WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or by following this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me now once you have that enabled!

Cheers,
    Denitsa

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Brandon,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for enabling support staff access. I published a post on your site and did received an email on my gmail account. But that landed in spam folder instead of inbox (see screenshot).

Okay, this is not something that is causing by Subscribe by Email plugin. For confirmation, I created a test contact form using the legendary Contact Form 7 plugin and it landed in spam folder too.

So, it seems the server is not sending relevant information along with email to make these emails legit. Instead, I would strongly recommend you using SMTP instead of server mail.

Most modern hosts these days does provide SMTP mail service so reach out to your host and ask them for the SMTP details.

Or you can also use free Gmail SMTP credentials to send email over SMTP.

Once you have the SMTP credentials, then it is very easy to replace default WP_Mail with SMTP by using the WP Mail SMTP.

This article will help you understand the difference and also explains how you can configure afore mentioned plugin.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.