subscribe by email, how to change language and edit responses

Hello Friends

I am new to the subscription. A few questions:

1) I signed for the monthly subscription because i am not sure if i want to continue. For what i have seen you have made an excellent work. I will consider soon to upgrade to annual, is this possible, right?

2) About subscribe by email plugin.
2a) Since there are a few things that are in english and i need it in spanish, like the "read more" option or other notes like:

You are subscribed to email updates from Yoga Sampad
To manage your subscriptions, click here.
To stop receiving these emails, click here.

etc...
Where can i change it?

2b) How many emails can i import via CSV? My list is quite big, 27.000 emails. which are the fields needed to import it? Just the email?

2c) i have a dedicated server for sending these emails, how the pluging sends it? via the SMTP, local host or how?

Thanks !!

• Vaughan

hiya

thanks for posting and welcome to wpmudev.

#1. yes, you can upgrade at any time via the profile page by clicking 'modify membership' if you need any further assistance, or have any questions regarding billing, you can contact the billing/accounts dept via our online form. https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

#2 each of our plugins has a languages file you can use for translatiing. located in the languages folder of each plugin.

you will require a program such as poedit from http://poedit.net in order to edit the translation. you simply copy the languages .po file, then edit it and save it as a new file. such as membership-en_US.po poedit will then create a .mo file with the translations in, you then upload this & the .po file to the plugin languages folder.

alternatively there are other plugins such as http://wpml.org & http://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/ which can make translations a lot easier.

sometimes buttons may not be in the translation file, just let us know if this isn't the case with any of our plugins, and the developers will try to add it to a future release. in those situations, you might find our Ultimate branding plugin helpful, it has a site-wide text change module which will allow you to change 95%+ of text on your site to whatever you want.

#2b this will depend on your server setup, execution time limits & memory allocations. 27,000 is quite a lot of emails. so it might be better if you could split the file into seperate files to import.

the format is pretty simple. ID, Email, Type, Created, Notes

you could do an export & view the exported CSV for a better picture. each column has the heading label.

#2c the plugin will use whichever method your wordpress uses. there are SMTP plugins available for wordpress which can then send all mails via SMTP. such as http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

hope this helps.

thanks.

• oscar

Dear Vaughan

Woow, this is real support. Fast! I am impressed.

let's see:

1) i open the .po file witj poedit, cnanged the translationa and uploaded the file as subscribe-by-email-es_ES.mo

It does not change anything. Then i renamed the edited file as the original one, subscribe-by-email-default.mo but it does not change anything also

if i change the original .po or ,mo file directly in the text, will be that okay?

2b) ok

2c) which is the default method in wordpress to send emails? What it will be the best suitable option for sending emails taking into consideration that is my server and i don't have to rely on my provider to change anything.
    What it will be the best method to not be mark as spam in gmail, hotmail, etc

• Vaughan

hiya

#1. i think you might need to also set the lang in your wp-config.php WP_LANG

have a try with the codestyling plugin i posted too, i believe that's what we use here.

#2c default uses php_mail which most likely is sendmail.

spam is a different matter, either method could result in spam, this is determined by your IP address & whether it's ever been flagged as spam address before. though i think SMTP is more reliable.

a good idea is to make sure you setup SPF records for your domain. if you have WHM this can be done in the exim settings and mail server config.

hope this helps.

• oscar

Dear Vaughan

I used the other wordpress editor, and when creating the file it says;

Error: The actual loaded translation content does not match the textdomain: subscribe-by-email
    Expect, that any text you translate will not occure as long as the textdomain is mismatching!
    This is a coding issue at the source files you try to translate, please contact the original Author and explain this mismatch.

Warning: The actual loaded translation content contains mixed textdomains and is not pure translateable within one textdomain.
    It seems, that there is code contained extracted out of other plugins, themes or widgets and used by copy & paste inside some source files.
    The affected unknown textdomains are:

• Vaughan

hiya

great, glad it's now working.

with regards to smtp vs sendmail.

phpmail uses the settings in php.ini to send email through sendmail()

Sendmail allows you to build emails, but requires you to create the header for it, this is basicly what phpmail is used for. therefore, it's a longer process which is prone to resource issues and other server limitations. it adds a little bit more overhead to the mail sending process.

SMTP uses a dedicated email server to send the mail through. It is similar to sending email with outlook to your ISP, which does all the headers for you as well as utilizing the mail servers SPF records and so on. so is much faster & less prone to failure than with sendmail.

hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.