Subscribe by email is sending out pure code only?

Hi,

Subscribe by email plugin is sending preview tests and all emails in pure code (unreadable).

Are others having same issue and how to fix?

P.S. ... I am on Android and can not select plugins and site on mobile on your form...hence, the reason I put it in General category fyi.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Greg,

I cannot replicate this issue on my system - emails are send as proper html emails

I also could not test it on your system because that subsite ask for login.
    Did you in change that email template code or is it default one? Can I test it on another subsite?
    Is it gmail that shows those emails that way?

Have you maybe run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart?
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Greg

It is in GMAIL I see it like that...just the code (for the confirm and other new posts too in SBE...all emails).

I am not sure about other email programs.

As far as I know it is the stock setup inside SBE too.

What are you thinking when you asked about GMAIL?

UPDATE:
    I just tested a yahoo account for SBE and e-Newsletter (never got them at all actually and they were not in the spam or junk)...at least a hour elapsed (who knows those may be delayed).

also

I tested on a msn outlook cloud account. I got both of them on that account and both looked fine visually too...HOWEVER...both were put in the spam/junk folder.

FYI, I use sparkpost.com too (a MTA for mail deliever of both SBE and e-Newsletter and all website email actually). The have SPF and DKIM verifications too.

1. How can we get the code from showing in GMAIL clients?

2. How can we stop these from going to spam and junk as I should be pretty set from a credibility standpoint with Sparkpost.

and

3. Why would some like Yahoo not even be delivered at all.

All these things are concerning...

:slight_smile:

Greg

• Rupok

Hi Greg,

So sorry for the inconvenience. I tried to login with Support Access, but when I tried to go to the Dashboard of that subsite, it asks me to login again. Can you please take care of that so we can login and check your current config and try to find out what's causing all these?

As a quick workaround, can you please try sending through PHP Mail or WP Mail? You can configure this where you set up the SMTP credentials.

Please let us know the result and when your subsite dashboard is accessible. We will be glad to have a look and will try to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Greg

@rupok

What settings do I need to adjust to allow the wpmudev dashboard to give access to the subsites? I thought it would allow all access on multisite subsites actually? The wpmudev support dashoard only.

The confirmations seem to work now but have not tested a real post yet. I tested the test send and that was ok too FYI...all via the smtp with sparkpost.com

Please let me know, though, about how to be sure you can access either all or specific subsites in the future on multisite installs with your wpmudev dashboard support plugin.

Best,

:slight_smile:

• Nithin

Hey Greg,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

What settings do I need to adjust to allow the wpmudev dashboard to give access to the subsites? I thought it would allow all access on multisite subsites actually? The wpmudev support dashoard only.

There isn't any specific settings that needs to be done in order for us to access your multisite, just enabling support access would do the job. But sometimes there would be some plugin settings that would be interfering with the login access, disabling the settings temporarily in your plugin would be enough. It seems like the support access is not enabled anymore, Rupok is not online at the moment, so I'm not exactly sure what issue he faced while login.

To make this simple, could you please send us your login credentials, so that we could give a closer look. You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.