Subscribe by Email multisite compatible? I am trying to use

Subscribe by Email multisite compatible?

I am trying to use Subscribe by Email but how is this with wp multisite?
Apparently the email sender is only one for the subsite network?
I saw the "Notification From Email" is only in the network settings.
Is it possible for to have an "Notification From Email" for each subsite?

Thanks.
Paddy

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Jude,

Please can you add the notification from sender field as shown in your instructions?

This should be per default the subsite admnistrator email with the option to change it.
    Exactly as shown in your instructions.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Paddy

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @Paddy

There is a way of doing this without affecting plugin updates .. but it may not be possible to do it with an option in the admin panel. The from email will take whatever you specify in under Settings > General

add_filter( ' incsub_sbe_from_email ' , function($x) { return  get_bloginfo ( 'admin_email' )  ;} );

Just copy/paste the code into the functions.php file of your child theme or a site specific plugin if you use one.

That said I am marking this a feature request as its something Im sure others will find useful as well.

Cheers
    Jude

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Jude,

Thanks for your reply.
    The plugin is not taking whatever is specified under Settings > General for the subsite.
    If this would be the case, i would be happy.
    However, the plugin is taking this info from the main site that's why it is needed to email sender field.

I could add this but because I don't have a child theme, this will appear with your next update.

I think a good solution would be one of the following:
    1. You make a very quick plugin update so that it can take those information from the Settings > General of the subsite or
    2. you make another very quick plugin update to allow the email sender field.

I would actually prefer the first solution, so less customization will be needed.

The reason behind this is, that you have Marketpress multisite compatible and it would a good idea to make all the rest of plugins multisite compaitble as well.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Paddy

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Paddy, Michael here! :slight_smile:

While I can't give an ETA as to when a feature like this would be available, what we can do for now, is instead of using this code inside of a child theme, we can implement it as an mu-plugin.

That way, it'll apply to all subsites on your network, so that the admin email address for that subsite will be used instead as the "From" email address when a subsite sends out a newsletter, instead of the network email address.

To create an mu-plugin, go to your /wp-content/ folder via FTP, and find the folder called "mu-plugins". If there is no folder with that name, then you'll want to create one. Then, create a file inside that folder, and give the file any name you like and paste the code in there.

You don't need to activate that plugin, as it will be always be automatically activated. Please be sure to add a PHP start tag at the beginning of the code if you insert this code as a mu-plugin, like this:

<?php

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Paddy, Michael here!

I did but the emails are still sent by the network admin email...

It seems like we'll need to have a closer look at things on your network, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

there is no Email sender on the subsite sbe>settings.

That code is suppose to add the email sender on the subsite settings?

As mentioned earlier, the code is designed to allow the use the admin email specified in:

Settings -> General

For a subsite, so that it's used instead of the network admin email, a settings field isn't added for a subsite (since out of the box, subsites don't have this level of control, due to services like Gmail potentially marking the address used as spam, due to host & the "From" address not matching).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Paddy,

I've just adjusted the mu-plugin code to be like this (removed comments, and a closing PHP tag, as those aren't necessary):

<?php

add_filter( 'incsub_sbe_from_email' , function($x) { return  get_bloginfo ( 'admin_email' )  ;} );

And am now seeing that the code works, I sent out a test email from the /wpmudev/ subsite on your network, and am seeing the admin email address for that subsite being used in the test.

Can you confirm the same on your end please?

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.