Subscribe by email not adding subscriptions to sub sites.

Hi All,
Testing my email sending one more time before inviting my users on.
I found the subscribe by email works great on the main site. The sub sites are a different story. I added a post in a sub site and it did not notify. I checked the subscription list and there were no users. I added the emails that I want and they did not appear in the list.
I checked the db and main site, they are there. They would not appear or notify in the sub sites.

The plug in is activated on a per site basis as recommended.

Thanks for your help.

• aecnu

Greetings Richard,

Thank you for the additional input and update which in conclusion the duplicated sites do not register the emails of templates sites/clones.

The only thing I can think of on this one since it works on my test environment and production sites is that it is indeed something with the template and possibly the selection of database tables to be copied.

The wp_XX_subscriptions table is where these are to be kept track of and is the template cloning the table? Are users in the table that you add for the relative sub site?

The xx's above represent the applicable sub site id number.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Richard

Thanks much Joe.
    You are 100% correct.
    The sub sites do not have a subscription table much less the users.
    Is there a way for me to add the table? Will that make the subscription work?
    Will that make the subscription feature work after cloning?
    Should I look for another clone tool?

I tried network deactivate and activate per site. Did not work.

I have 10 of 60 sites cloned. It takes me about two hours to build them manually.
    As you can see it's about three weeks full time work if there are no options.

Now I'm wonder what else I have not found yet.
    Are there other plugins that might give me issues.

Thanks for your help.
    Much appreciated

• aecnu

Greetings Richard,

Thank you for the additional questions.

Is there a way for me to add the table?

Not that I am aware of.

Will that make the subscription work?

Not that I know of but I am not a coder but working to get the eyeball of one on this ticket :wink:

Will that make the subscription feature work after cloning?

That I cannot answer at this time but believe we are not quite using the plugin for intended use.

I believe the intent is to provide each sub site with an option themselves to have their own subscribe by email solution exclusive to that site/sub site.

With that said I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us and clarify this perspective on intended use.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Richard

Hey Joe, Thanks for the reply.
    I failed to come back and post my latest findings. My apologies.

I don't believe the issue is with the subscription plugin any longer.
    I removed the New Blog Template plug in and tested a different WPMU site cloning plug in and the tables all copied fine. Maybe there is some issue with the New Blog Template plugin and what it copies in the database.

Glad to be a WBMU Dev member.
    Chat soon

• ffdltd

Hey Richard,

I am having this same problem at the moment. No entries are showing up in the blog owners admin page. despite it accepting them both on the front and back ends, and providing a 'Subscription created.' message.

I am also using the 'New Blog Template' plug-in, so guessing there is some kind of conflict here.

What is the other cloning tool you are using? It is quite important that new blogs are created as a clone of a particular blog I have, so I really need this functionality.

Thanks for any help!

• Richard

Not many options but for admin. Even with the pricey pro version.
    Unfortunately I was only using it manually as admin.

I do need the functionality for users to set up sites in the future.
    Hopefully the creator of New Blog Templates will tune it up so it grabs all the db tables.

Until then I did find a potential option.

This allows you to set up a default template so when you users sign up the site is set up and ready to go. Not sure if that is enough, but there are not many other options I could find.
    I use the Network+ from WPebooks and it works great. Their support was good as well. They were pretty patient and walked me through the process.

Let me know what you find, I will be hunting this issue down again soon.

There is this outdated plugin. but it seems risky.

Hope this helps.

• Richard

Hi Joe,
    I did check all the boxes on the database check boxes. I designed a clean template specifically for that purpose. It cloned the the blog well, but when checking the email subscriptions in the admin panel the table was empty. I posted under the email template thread and someone replied asking me to check the db if the tables were there. They were not.
    With the test, test and retest mentality we develop, I deleted my template and created a new one again. Still the subscription table in the admin was empty.
    Checking the db, the tables wee in the site I cloned from but not the resulting template.
    I would love to switch back. New Blog Template has more promise.
    Unfortunately checking all the boxes still did not copy the subscribe by email tables for me. Subscribe by email was the priority.

Please let me know if something changes.