Subscribe by email not sending confirmation emails.

Subscribe by email is not sending confirmation emails to subscribers even though other emails are working fine.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mr Right Now,

Devs have just finished double checking the code and everything seems fine there.
    I also did another test on my installation and this time the confirmation email was sent fine so it seems like the issue on my end was with emails in general and it was at the same time that you reported this.

So, it seems like everything is ok within the plugin and there's something on your end that's still blocking these emails.

Can you check with your host if there's any info about this within server logs?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mr Right Now
    • The Incredible Code Injector

THanks, seems to be sending out now.

Is there anywhere I can view CSS or settings to just send headline and featured image?

As right now we are looking at the latest post email going out but due to Visual Composer
    it sends headline and a bunch of JavaScript.

So Id like to minimize the subsriber to only focus on Image + Headline.

THanks

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mr Right Now,

Glad to hear the emails started working for you.

If you wish to customize your emails you can do two things here.

First one is the simple changes directly from the plugin settings, go to Subscriptions > Settings > Mail Template tab and in there click on Preview button.
    That will open Email preview and settings where you can disable full post content and show excerpt only.

For further customizations you can edit template files that are located inside /wp-content/plugins/subscribe-by-email/inc/mail-templates/views/ folder.
    Copy desired file, for example post.php which is the file for post content in email, inside your child theme create /subscribe-by-email/ folder and paste the file in there.

You can now edit that file in your child theme and customize it to show your posts differently, for example edit/remove this part of the code which is responsible for post content:

<div style="margin:1em 0;font-size: 13px;color:#000 !important;line-height: 23px;">
    	<?php if ( sbe_mail_template_send_full_post() ): ?>
    		<?php sbe_mail_template_the_content(); ?>
    	<?php else: ?>
    		<?php @the_excerpt(); ?>
    	<?php endif; ?>
    </div>

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.