Subscribe by Email not sending notifications

I just add a new blog, my first actually, and the subscribers are not getting a notification.
I do think that never a notification is sent.
Before the daily notification where not working, so I choose to notify immediately. But now also those type of notifications are not working.
Are you able to help.
Thanks.
Paddy

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Dear,
    to my admin email I just got an email about that post.
    Not sure if this is coming from SBE.
    It is coming from a donotreply@wordpress.com email. I don't know why.
    and there is a wordpress logo.
    Please see the screenshot attached.
    I don't think this is coming from SBE.
    Do you know where is it coming from?
    I don't like that address from wordpress.

Thanks for your help.
    Paddy

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Paddy,

I hope you're well and thank you for your question!

It seems to me like this was sent by wordpress.com service meaning that you're using JetPack plugin and your site is registered with JetPack (with wordpress.com account). That said, I went to your site and noticed that there's indeed Jetpack installed and active.

For your main site the "Subscriptions" module is turned on. This means that you as a site admin (automatically) and all other users that

- click on "Notify me of follow-up comments via email" (under comment form)
    - click on "Notify me of new posts via email" (under comment form)
    - subscribe to the site using Jetpacks subscription widget on site

will receive that exact e-mail as shown in your second post above.

This explains that e-mail. I've then tried to deactivate the "Subscriptions" module (it's back on now) on your site to check whether it's causing a conflict with Subscribes by Email but I didn't get any confirmation e-mail. The "test" e-mail to the very same e-mail address of mine was sent properly though.

Furthermore, on "Subscriptions -> Emails log" page for your main site, there's no emails on "Sent Emails" and "Emails in queue" lists. This would mean that SbE is is not adding e-mails to a queue so then WP is not sending them.

Having said that all, I'd like to ask you if you're able to recall any changes made to your site since the last time Subscribe by Email (at least partially) worked? These could include theme/plugin updates, setting up new plugins, any additional code added etc. Can you think of such thinks and let me know here?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Adam,
    Sorry i didn't understand if SBE is sending the emails or not?

SBE is very long that is not working for a daily notification.
    That's why i am using the immediate notification.

However that's the first time that i am adding a blog and so my first post wad not sent.

More over the very last modification i have done was to add the Post Voting plugin and the GD rating plugin.

Thanks
    Paddy

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Adam,
    Just want to let you know before you investigate further.
    I have created a new blog on the following test site and the subscribers did receive the email.
    pixshopping.com/gioshop

On this test site the subscriptions modul from Jetpack was disabled.
    So maybe this was causing the problem.
    I will test this again on the main site and let you know.

Thanks for your hint.
    Paddy

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Paddy!

On this test site the subscriptions modul from Jetpack was disabled.
    So maybe this was causing the problem.
    I will test this again on the main site and let you know.

That's pretty much what I suspected :slight_smile: Please update me with results of your tests and I'll then consult the issue with developers if necessary.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Adam,
    On the mainsite after deactivating the jetpack module Subscriptions, I have commented on my first blog, then I add a new Blog but after many hours the SBE has sent no email to subscribers.
    I chose to sent the notification immediately.
    Please let me know if we can fix this.
    thanks.
    Paddy

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Paddy!

The /gioshop seems to be the only site that's sending notifications currently, do I understand that right? It would indicate that there must be some difference in config however I admit that even though I have just reviewed and compared both main and /gioshop sites I wasn't able to spot it yet.

That said, if you can confirm that /gioshop is the only "working" site here, please let me know and then keep support access open if possible and I'll get our 2nd level support team check that so hopefully they'll be able to lend us a helping hand with this.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Paddy!

I admit I'm not totally puzzled. I checked your site's settings one more time just a moment ago and I still can't see no reason why sub-sites would work and main site would not. I've got a feeling that I might be terribly missing something here.

I'm calling our 2nd-line support wizards for help on this. Hopefully they'll be able to give us a helping hand here and find a solution. Please note though that their response time may be a bit longer than mine here on support forum.

Keep an eye on this thread please and I'll keep you informed once I get any suggestions/answers from them.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Paddy
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Adam,
    Before we decide to deactivate the plugin on the network and activate it site by site.
    This was done because we had some code in order to send the email notification from the email admin from each subsite.
    So I tried to activate SBE on the network and now the main site is sending the email notifications when I add a post.
    Not sure which is the good setup.
    Now every post from the subsite is sent by network admin email.
    Which is not what I really want.
    Paddy

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Paddy!

Thank you for your response.

In this case we may need to take a much closer look at your setup. Please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password)
    -- cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/.
    Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down list.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your entire site first!

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.