Subscribe by Email plugin not functioning

We have a multi-site installation and currently one of our blogs is using this plugin. There are 54 subscribers listed in the subscribers list. The author has made one post and according to the plugin it was sent to 43 recipients, but when she asked her subscribers (her school faculty members) who did not receive the email notification, no one received them. They weren't going to the spam folder either.

The contents page appears to set up correctly with "Posts will be included in the digests" being checked, including "All" categories .

I changed the notification from email from no-reply@*** to the author's email address, thinking that might be causing an issue. I then went into the mail template and attempted to send myself a test mail, to no avail. It isn't working.

We have the multisite privacy plugin installed and she used it limit access to her site by password only. Could this be affecting the subscriptions plugin?

Thank you in advance,
Caroline

• Caroline

I think you've perhaps found the issue because our WP does not appear to be sending normal emails from the main site or from that subsite. We haven't had our WP installation up and running for long and haven't begun allowing users to register, so we didn't notice the lack of emails. I just tried to register a new user. That process did not generate an email and the user isn't showing up either.

I realize this is now most likely a different problem, but I'm not sure what I should do next.

Thank you,
    Caroline

• Ash

Hi there,

Do something for me :slight_smile:

Create a file in your server with the following code:

<?php
    if(mail('YOUR_EMAIL_ADDRESS', 'SUBJECT', 'CONTENT')) {
    echo "Email sent";
    }
    else
    {
    echo "Email not sent.";
    }
    ?>

Now run the file from your browser. If "Email not sent" appears, then it is a problem with your server, contact your host. If "Email sent" appears, then check your inbox and spam folder. If there is not a new email, then it is also a server issue. Let them know that php is processing email but you don't get it. If, you get the email then the problem is with your wordpress.

In that case, you can try several smtp plugins in WP rep.

Let me know, how are you going with this?

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.