subscribe by email plugin not sending out emails

Hello

My subscribe by email plugin doesn't seem to be working to send out emails... In the log it just shows 'pending'. I've double checked the email settings, and emails are working from the server otherwise... Need to get the most recent blog post sent out in an email asap! Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jay,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I accessed the site that's assigned to this thread and took a look around. I checked settings of the plugin and reviewed logs. I also signed up for "Subscribe by Email" notifications as a regular visitor (from the front-page of your site using different browser). If I'm not mistaken the next digest should be sent in around 10 hours.

Since I can't see anything wrong with site's settings let's please wait for the next "digest run" but before it happens could you please enable WP Debugging on your site? To do this, please add following lines to your site's "wp-config.php" file:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY',false);

These lines should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing... " line.

After the next "digest" is run (or it should be) please access your site via FTP (or cPanel's File Manager) and download "debug.log" file that should appear inside "/wp-content" folder. Then please edit it to remove any sensitive data such as e.g. database passwords (if there are any), rename to "debug.txt" and attach to your replay here.

Best regards,
    Adam

PS. Please do not remove my e-mail address from subscribers list until we make it work :slight_smile:

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Jay

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

There are many warnings and notices from other plugins on your site in your debug log, so please do conduct plugin conflict as described in our support manual here,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

You'll need to scroll a page bit to view flowchart in which we have states instructions for plugin conflict test.

Let us know how it goes for you. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Jay

Hope you are doing fine. :slight_smile:

Yes I can surely help here and but to know culprit first I had request you to take down plugin conflict test.

Did you conduct it ? If not then grant staff access to your site so we can do that on behalf of you. :slight_smile: Please note here that Plugin Conflict test means deactivating/disabling plugins for some time and checking behaviour of site. If that's okay for you, please grant us permission to conduct there.

Look forward to hearing back. :slight_smile:
    Cheers,
    Milan

• Jay
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I tried to disabled all plugins and to avoid depreciation errors i updated all WPMU plugins to latest versions. But unfortunately my Checkout page stop working :slight_frown:
    Checkout page is working fine on all default themes, but as i am using genesis framework, on any child theme, I am receiving following javascript errors

TypeError: a.validator is undefined
    ....(),;:!?%#$'\"_+=\/\-“”’]*/g,"")}a.validator.addMethod("maxWords",function..

TypeError: $.widget is undefined
    $.widget.bridge('mptooltip', $.ui.tooltip);

• Jay

I fixed this conflict, but still having problem with marketplace plugin. As old version have option in admin panel to change permalink for products category, as in newer version there is no option to select category page or changing a permalink

Even when i try to show list of product categories. On clicking category it redirect to page not found.

• Jay

Also this shortcode is not working. Instead of showing only product title it's showing only content of product where i already disabled content by mentioning content="0".
    [mp_product product_id="154488" title="1" content="0" image="0" meta="0"]

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jay!

I accessed your site and re-saved permalinks. Both individual product pages and category product listings are now available. In case of issues like this please always start with re-saving MarketPress settings and then re-saving (no need to make any changes) permalinks. This is unfortunately something that's related to how WordPress is handling permalinks so it's not plugin-related. In most cases such an action solves the issue though.

As for shortcode. Could you please point me to a page/post where I can see it in action?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jay,

I was doing some testing on this and are having some issues with the shortcode as well, while we are investigating this further I have created custom solution with links for you so can you check it out and see if that will work for you.

I left the shortcodes as well so if you like my solution you can remove those shortcodes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.