subscribe by email plugin raw html

All of my email notifications since the 2.5 update have come across with garbled html code. At first I thought it had to do with the email client but then I tried it myself in Thunderbird and 2010 OWA. If I send a test message it is fine but actual notifications are messed up. I have some older notifications in my email that were fine on 12/17, the day before I went to 2.5. I have attached some messages to this ticket. I can't help but assume it has something to do with the top item in the 2.5 change log "Emails are now sent with HTML + plain text support" . Please advise how we can resolve this and if I can provide any other infomation

  • pennmanor
    • Flash Drive

    Ari,
    Please take a look at the images and the txt doc that I attached to my previous reply. For some reason they didn't attach properly when I first submitted the issue to you. If you would like for me to send you a test message directly from the blog please provide me with an email address

    Thanks

    Shawn

  • pennmanor
    • Flash Drive

    Looking at the headers, the test messages are passing a content type of html,

    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8"

    Actual notification message have a content type of test/plain

    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=""

    I would have expected to see a content type of multipart with boundaries since messages are text and html now. Looks like the boundaries are set in the message but never designated in the header

  • pennmanor
    • Flash Drive

    It has to do with the is_microsoft variable in the mail-template.php

    private function is_microsoft( $email ) {
    $email_domain = explode( '@', $email );
    $email_domain = strtolower( $email_domain[1] );
    $needle = array( 'hotmail', 'outlook', 'outlookexpress', 'msn' );
    foreach( $needle as $domain ) {
    if( strpos( $email_domain, $domain ) !== false ) return true; // stop on first true result
    }
    // return false;
    return true;

    I tried a hotmail address and everyting looks correct. It is only setting the multipart content type if the email domain is one of the 4 listed in the array. Not sure how you want to fix it but I went ahead and forced it to is_microsoft true for everyone. Looks good in my owa and gmail now

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.