Subscribe by email questions

I would like to ask you if it is possible to insert the "subscribe by email" on a page!

thanks

cr

Arun Basil Lal

Hey crgo,

Welcome to the Community!

There is no shortcode (AFAIK), so I took a round-about approach to do this.

I created a Widget Area on a Page template and here is what I did. I did it on the Twenty Ten theme, but you should be able to do the same on your theme as well.

1. Make a Page Template.

Make a copy of your page.php and name it to something else (anything would do, I named to subscribe-page.php

Add this to the top of the page:

/*
    Template Name: Subscribe Widget
    */

2. Register a New Widget

Open up Functions.php, search for "register_sidebar" and you will find a series of those. add a new one to the end of the series, here is what I added:

register_sidebar( array(
    		'name' => __( 'Subscribe By Email', 'twentyten' ),
    		'id' => 'subscribe-by-email',
    		'description' => __( 'Insert The Subscribe by Email Widget Here', 'twentyten' ),
    		'before_widget' => '<li id=&quot;%1$s&quot; class=&quot;widget-container %2$s&quot;>',
    		'after_widget' => '</li>',
    		'before_title' => '<h3 class=&quot;widget-title&quot;>',
    		'after_title' => '</h3>',
    	) );

3. Add the Widget

You will see a new Widget Area titled "Subscribe By Email" in the Appearance > Widgets. Add the Subscribe by Email widget there.

4. Add the code to insert the sidebar on your custom page, here is what I added into subscribe-page.php

dynamic_sidebar( 'subscribe-by-email' );

The files we talked about and screenshots are attached. See them for yourself and see what you can do. Always, questions are welcome