subscribe by email quirk (and/or bug)

As you can see in the attached screenshots, I deleted the text in the "text" field but the plugin is writing a blank <p> into the page which would require adding some custom CSS to hide it. (Difficult for inexperienced users.)

Also, would suggest the ability to edit or hide the text that says "email address" as its fairly obvious that one has to enter an email when subscribing.

• aristath

Hello there @peter_harris, I hope you're well today!

As you can see in the attached screenshots, I deleted the text in the "text" field but the plugin is writing a blank <p> into the page which would require adding some custom CSS to hide it. (Difficult for inexperienced users.)

I just submitted a pull request to the plugin developer for this issue, so we should have this one taken care of in the next plugin update. :slight_smile:

Also, would suggest the ability to edit or hide the text that says "email address" as its fairly obvious that one has to enter an email when subscribing.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree here.
    Displaying labels in forms is mandatory in order to ensure your site is accessible by everyone.
    It's not fairly obvious if you're blind and using a screen reader for example. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.