[SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL] Subscribe by Email dismiss duplicated post

I use Duplicate Post plugin to duplicate my post. Those duplicated post are dismiss by Subscribe by Email plugin.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rob,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've run some more tests on both plugins and apparently this happens because of the meta fields that are being cloned along with post.

A Subscribe by Email plugin checks post status and sends a notification based on the status change if it's set to send messages "immediately". If it's set to any of the "digest" modes, it's just fetching a list of published posts since list digest. However, after including the post in the digest (or sending immediate notification) it also marks it as being sent. The duplication plugin duplicates that data along other meta data and that's causing Subscribe by Email plugin to skip it.

Fortunately, the Duplicate Post plugin has a very handy option to skip duplication of some meta fields. I've tested it on my setup and it solved the issue. Would you please give it a try?

To do this:

- go to "Settings -> Duplicate Post" page
    - scroll down to the "Do not copy these fields" option
    - put following line there (just copy and paste):

sbe_sent, _sbe_do_not_send

- save changes

After that those cloned posts should be included in digest. Give it a shot please and let me know if it worked for you.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.