Subscribe by Email subscription management page within Luke & Sara compatible or not?

I have Subscribe by Email activated and configured, but the page I've selected as the subscription management page is not generating the subscription management form... just the regular content of that page, as if the plugin is not activated. Signups and confirmations are working via insertion of short code, but not the management page. I'm using Luke+Sara -- is it compatible? Is there anything I can do to make it compatible? Thanks!

• Rupok

Hi xbladerunner,

I'm using Luke+Sara -- is it compatible? Is there anything I can do to make it compatible?

Is it working with any default WordPress theme? It's working fine with Luke + Sara in my test site. So please confirm if this is Luke + Sara specific issue on your site or if it's happening with all themes.

subscription management page is not generating the subscription management form

What is it showing there? Is it saying the following?

This page will show details of your email subscriptions. To see the options available to you, click the link in any newsletter email you have received from us

If yes, then it is working. The Subscribers Management Page should be a page you create specifically for this use. This is the page your subscribers will land on when they click the “manage your subscriptions” link in the footer of any email they receive from you.

Your users can easily unsubscribe from automatic notifications of any post type, or subscribe to a new one, simply by selecting from the list.

You can include any content you like on the Subscription page; the subscription management part will be added automatically after your content. Note that the form depends on the user’s unique subscription key, so it will only display when visited by clicking the “manage” link in an email.

Can you please confirm if it's not working even when users come to this page by clicking the "manage" link from their emails? I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• xbladerunner

Thanks Rupok,

Did some more testing as you recommended and discovered that it does work for newly created pages, just not pages that were part of the Luke+Sara demo. That is, if I use the existing demo pages as a starting point, editing them as I like, and then assigning them to be the Subscription Management page, it doesn't work. I'm thinking the issue is that the original text element that Upfront creates by default (with newly created pages) must still exist -- at least -- and perhaps even be unedited in Upfront -- for the connection to the native WordPress editor to remain intact -- for things like the Subscription Management assignment to track properly... can you confirm this?

I discovered this is true for embedding mp3 in the native WordPress editor as well (discussed in another ticket here).

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello xbladerunner,

That is the same case as with embed audio file - please see my last answer in that thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-insert-audio-files-in-lukesara-pages

Templates not always have content element. New pages created with default template always have that element. That is why it is working for new pages. If you would create new page and use one of exiting template it will show only template layout and no content.
    You would need to add that content element as I showed in another thread and that should start working.

kind regards,
    Kasia