Subscribe by Email template customizations

Hi WPMU,
I was wondering if you have template customization samples for customizing/overriding Subscribe by Email email templates (for the header, footer, body and post). We currently have over 1,000 subscribers on our wciamericas.org website and are looking to enhance the email template from the general default to look much better and if possible, add links to other pages, posts or categories on our website. I would deeply appreciate some help or pointers with how to make this work.
Thanks and thumbs up for the great work you guys are doing.
Regards,
David

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello David,

At the moment this is not possible out of the box - there is function in /wp-content/plugins/subscribe-by-email/inc/mail-templates/mail-template.php file that has content of the email template. It is render_mail_contents() function and starts in 186 line of that file.
    When you look at it you will see there is big HTML table with elements of the template - if you are familiar with HTML you can modify template, but please note that changes made in plugin code will be erased after the plugin update.

Let me know if I can help you more with that.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• davidluizh

Hi Kasia,
    Thanks for your quick reply. I understand. I was actually hoping to get some sample code that could be used for customization in the body.php, footer.php, header.php and post.php of the Subscribe by Email template files. Pretty much something like you have for the HTML Email Templates plugin or the e-Newsletter plugin.
    It seems to me that these files once setup will not be affected when a plugin update is done since they will be copied into my template files.
    Thanks again

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.