[Subscribe by Email] Unconfirmed subscribers expiring and captcha

I was reading the documention and it says that unconfirmed subscribers will be purged after seven days. We had unconfirmed subscribers that were months old that we had to manually cancel finally. Is this a setting I need to make sure is on?

Also, I would like a captcha displayed on the Follow button. I entered all the Google information on the ReCaptcha tab but it does not display on the button. Is there something additional I need to do?

I enabled Support Access if you need it.

Thanks so much!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Gwindylyn,

I was reading the documention and it says that unconfirmed subscribers will be purged after seven days. We had unconfirmed subscribers that were months old that we had to manually cancel finally. Is this a setting I need to make sure is on?

Yes, it should have got removed automatically after 7 days. It's tough to say what's causing the issue without testing it out in our system. I'm checking this with the developer to see whether it's related to cron jobs, or what could have been caused in such use case.

Also, I would like a captcha displayed on the Follow button. I entered all the Google information on the ReCaptcha tab but it does not display on the button. Is there something additional I need to do?

I'm afraid, by default the Follow Button doesn't support captcha at the moment. But, we are looking at possibilities of implementing this feature in the upcoming version. I'm checking this with the developer to see, whether they have a quick patch for this, or not.

Will keep you updated once I get further update from the developer asap. Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Regarding,
    Nithin

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Gwindylyn ,

Could you send me some details so I can add the reCaptcha into your Follow button please? This will be included on a next version as well, but I can patch it now for you so you can already start using it if you like.

You can send me the information needed privately through our contact form at https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question by following this example:

Subject: "Attn: Konstantinos Xenos"

- Admin login ( if Multisite please provide Super Admin details ):
    Admin Username:
    Admin Password:
    Login URL:

- FTP credentials
    Hostname:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:
    Key-File ( and password ) if needed

- Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs -or- information regarding the issue that was not included in this thread

Regards,
    Konstantinos

• Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

Hi Gwindylyn ,

Thank you for the details, but you didn't send over the FTP credentials. I can't change your files through WordPress, that's why I required FTP as well so I can backup the changed files and apply the patches.

If you're not able to provide FTP credentials I can give you the files needed instead and guide you to change them yourself if you prefer.

If there's a chance to provide FTP as well please use the same way as described on my last post that you've sent the WP credentials to provide FTP access as well please.

Regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.