Subscribe by email via Mandrill

Hi,

I would like to use the subscribe by email plugin but need it to send via Madrill servers.

It is at the moment sending via my own server despite the mandrill plugins which is supped to override the default WP sending.

I assume this is due the plugins own sending function.

I wonder if you are able to help me and offer some pointers for where to add to or modify your plugin by replacing the mail sending code with the mandrill sending code/function.

I have some instruction from Mandrill but am not sure where to start looking.

Thanks.

Stef

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Stefanie

I'm a bit confused :slight_frown:

Didn't you say you got Mandrill working with e-Newsletter here?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/e-newsletter-this-must-be-worth-some-points-lol

However, it looks like the mail functions that are used can be found in
    subscribe-by-email/subscribe-by-email.php

I wouldn't have a clue how to get Mandrill integrated in there though. Perhaps by comparing how e-Newsletter sends mail might help...

• Stefanie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Patrick,

You are correct, it is working great with E-newsletter.

I am trying to get subscribe by email to send via Mandrill smtp as at the moment it seems to be sending by my own server.

I am currently trawling through subscribe-by-email/subscribe-by-email.php and have some instruction fro Mandrill but it is proving a little beyond me.

Thanks for responding. At least I know I am looking in the right place. lol

I will update if I work it out.

Thanks

Stef

I Have this from Mandrill...

If you are a Plugin Developer and you need to create a deep integration between Mandrill and your WordPress installation, wpMandrill will make your life easier.

We have exposed a simple function that allows you to add tags and specify the template to use, in addition to specifying the To, Subject and Body sections of the email:

<?php wpMandrill::mail($to, $subject, $html, $headers = '', $attachments = array(), $tags = array(), $from_name = '', $from_email = '', $template_name = ''); ?>
    But if you need Mandrill Powers, we have included a full-featured PHP class called Mandrill. It has every API call defined in Mandrill's API. Check it out at /wp-content/plugin/wpmandrill/lib/mandrill.class.php.

To use it, just instantiate an object passing your API key, and make the calls:

<?php $mandrill = Mandrill($my_api_key); echo $mandrill->ping(); ?>

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Stefanie

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads, and I noticed this one is still open.

Just to get it out of our active ticket system, I'm going to mark it resolved.

But if you still need assistance on this issue, please don't hesitate to re-open it by checking the "Mark as not resolved" box below.

Thanks!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hey there.

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Thanks
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.