Subscribe by Email weekly email digest sending twice

So it was just brought to my attention that beginning last week, our weekly email digest is going out twice. How do I fix it so it only goes out once? Also, I have checked to make sure that it was not due to duplicate emails. I have granted Support Access so that someone can look into this bug. Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Gwindylyn,

I'm sorry to hear about those issues that plugin is causing on your site. Those emails are the same? So not like there were two new posts and each email has notification about each new one instead having those in one?

At the moment I'm not able to replicate this issue on my site - I checked your settings and it does not send emails immidietly but once a week, so I need to wait some hours before it will send next batch of emails to subscribers and then I can see if that was duplicated.

In the mean time, do you maybe have debug log enabled on your server? If not can you do that now? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

I would need then to see content of the debug.log file - so please upload it to service like a Dropbox and paste link here.

If there are any errors that are causing Subscribe by email to send duplicated emails it will show in the debug.

kind regards
    Kasia

• Gwindylyn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Yes, the emails are exactly the same, not different posts. They only go out weekly on Wednesdays at noon. This week and last week two emails were sent out on Wednesday instead of just the usual one.

I have enabled debug and made the changes like you requested. Where do I find the debug.log file for you?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Gwindylyn,

I'm very sorry for the delay. As mentioned in my first post debug.log log is file inside the /wp-content/ directory. If its generated on your site please send us it (as mentioned best is to use the dropbox like a service).

Please note that when we process our threads we do that from older to newer - our system prevents threads from bumping, so each new post is treated as new answer and goes lower in our queue.

I also checked this one my site - and only one post was send with similar settings from my site, so I wasn't able to replicate issue.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Gwindylyn,

I checked that file and there is nothing related to emails or subscribe by email. It is full of notifications but they are repeating also on days where your digest is not send - there are no abnormal entries at the exact time where both digest were send. So unfortunately this didn't give us any information on what happen.

I need to consult this with one of our developer is there is way to check why plugin is sending those emails twice. I will get back with more information.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Gwindylyn,

I spoke with developer and we need to investigate this one your site.

Would it be possible to create a staging site? If your hosting provider does not offer that this plugin can be used: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-staging/

Could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress staging admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP staging log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include cPanel credentials
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you send those credentials

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.