subscribe by email widget after that one email has been used

subscribe by email widget after that one email has been submitted is shown as in the screenshot attached.

Now after one email submission, either with the opt In option activated or not, the widget doesn't allow to enter a new email.
We need to refresh in order to enter a second email.

Would it be possible to avoid this?
I mean after I have submitted an email, I would like to be able to enter a new email without refreshing the all page.
Also it would be important to have a subscribers count update in the case the Opt In option is active.
Moreover also the message should be different from in case the opt in is active.

Thanks
Padddy

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paddy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I mean after I have submitted an email, I would like to be able to enter a new email without refreshing the all page.

Currently, this is not possible out of the box. Subscribe by Email wasn't designed to handle such scenario as this is a rare case. Usually a visitor submits just one (presumably his/her own) e-mail address and there's no need to "re-show" the form. It would require custom coding. You may want to ask this question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Also it would be important to have a subscribers count update in the case the Opt In option is active.

if "Auto Opt-in" option is disable, subscriber first needs to confirm subscription and only then is added to subscribers list. The subscribers count will be updated only then as well.

If "Auto Opt-in" option is enabled, subscriber doesn't need to confirm subscription and the number of subscribers is updated immediately.

Moreover also the message should be different from in case the opt in is active.

Subscribe by Email plugin will not support both "auto opt-in" and "no auto opt-in" sign-ups at the same time, therefore there's no need to use two messages at once. You can easily edit the current message in "Text displayed when a user subscribes" option text filed in "Subscribe by Email" widget.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Paddy

Hi Adam,
    I have cases where is the shop owner entering the customer emails and they prefer to enter two or more emails when the customers are in the shop and it would make sense from their point of view to be able to enter one email after the other without refreshing everytime the page.

If "Auto Opt-in" option is enabled the counter is not automatically updated. You always need to refresh the page.

The message is always the same with or without "Auto Opt-in" option enabled. Said that when the Auto Opt In is not enable there is no need to say: "Thank you, your email has been added to the mailing list ".
    There is a way to change the message when the option is enable or not?
    So if the Auto opt in is enable the "Thank you, your email has been added to the mailing list." is ok.
    But that option is not enable it would be better to say that an email confirmation is sent out.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Paddy!

I have cases where is the shop owner entering the customer emails and they prefer to enter two or more emails when the customers are in the shop and it would make sense from their point of view to be able to enter one email after the other without refreshing everytime the page.

The "Subscribe by Email" plugin includes an option to add subscribers manually and even a tool to bulk-import a bigger number of subscribers at once. These tools are designed for that exact scenario that you described. They are available to super-admin as well as to admins of sub-sites.

To add subscribers, please go to "Subscriptions -> Add Subscribers" page of the site's dashboard. On that page you may either add new subscribers manually "one by one" or use "Import subscribers" option to add a number of them at once. There's a sample CSV file included.

If "Auto Opt-in" option is enabled the counter is not automatically updated. You always need to refresh the page.

The counter itself is updated but an actual number indeed is shown upon site refresh. That's because the form is submitted (and resulting message displayed) "in background" by wp-ajax routine. The counter however is just fetched from database upon site load. Assuming the default usage scenario this should work fine. I agree that it could be updated along with form submission but it would require a serious changes to plugins code. You may want to start a new thread suggesting this at our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of our community will support the feature so developers will include it in one of future plugins releases.

So if the Auto opt in is enable the "Thank you, your email has been added to the mailing list." is ok.
    But that option is not enable it would be better to say that an email confirmation is sent out.

Yes, it can be changed. Please go to your site's "Appearance -> Widgets" page and expand "Subscribe by e-mail" widget added to sidebar and then replace "Text displayed when a user subscribes" value with your own (see screenshot).

That said, the message will be the same regardless whether the widget is set to "auto opt-in" or not. As I mention, there's no way to use both "Auto Opt-in" and non-"Auto Opt-in" widgets on the same page and the same widget, therefore there's no need to set two separate messages. If you select to use "Auto Opt-in" you may want to put a message like "Thank you! Your e-mail has been added to list". If you decide to use non-"Auto Opt-in" option, you may replace that message with your own that better suits given scenario. This setting may be different for each sub-site of your network.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Paddy

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I know all that but I was wishing to improve this plugin.
    The problem is that shop owner normally don't wanna go to background to add a customer email.
    That's why it would be better to have email field still appearing after an email submission, and having the counter still showing after an email submission, and having the possibility to setup two different message in case of the Auto opt In enabled or disabled.

Anyway as I understood that this is not possible I will close this issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.